What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Why? Brings back memories of playing on a tape cassette whilst studying at uni.

24 Likes

R3.

R4 had become too grimey.

2 Likes

I worry for the future of BBC Radio 3 particularly given the current debate about the licence fee. Maybe FM radio will be threatened again.

1 Like

Horace Silver - Song for My Father

It seems logical that my friend Rick will lose the number after a bread snack.

10 Likes

I’m fairly relaxed about it Clive. I think I have learnt to accept that it will happen sometime, and in the meantime just enjoy FM for what it is, a free source of great music and speech radio.

1 Like

Booker Little The Complete Recordings.

5 Likes

The Mad Professor has been busily adding more dubwize goodness to his Bandcamp site lately, always worth checking out…

:grin:

2 Likes

I personally believe it will be a sad day for all if we lose the BBC. Its seems to be under constant attack from politicians with hidden agendas and others with vested commercial interests.
It’s one of those institutions that many wont realise the value of until it’s gone.
I think Nye Bevans quote about the NHS (another threatened valuable service) could equally apply to the BBC - It will last as long as there are folk left with the faith to fight for it.
:frowning:

2 Likes

An enjoyable album…

7 Likes

Two masters of their instruments at work…

2 Likes

Kristina Train Dark Black.

6 Likes

Nina Simone Here Comes The Sun - Greatest Hits. Been trying to track down a copy of the Here Comes The Sun, original album (in CD form) for years. It’s obviously out of print and the ones that are for sale are over $200 if you can find one. So this will have to do, it’s a great collection of songs and that voice. She could sing a menu from MacDonalds and it’d still sound good.

6 Likes

Lovely selection of music.

3 Likes

At the last concert I went to she said that she was running out of A titles, but I guess she will find some more. No recent CD. But hopefully another one will come along in good time. She has such a great back catalogue of songs.

Nice modern jazz…

3 Likes

Sigur Ross - Valtari
Listening while I have lunch, lovely album

6 Likes

As posted by @ewemon …just one track on Qobuz, but really good

2 Likes

Still wouldn’t make the food taste any better though!
:joy:

3 Likes

I know it’s ‘just’ the soundtrack from the film but it has a number of lovely pieces on it and if I ever need reminding how good music replay can sound on Naim boxes, this is on the shortlist.

2 Likes

ECM saxophonist:

5 Likes