What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Now playing…

Jacob Young - Evening Falls

Jacob Young (Guitar), Mathias Eick (Trumpet), Vidar Johansen (Bass Clarinet), Mats Eilertsen (Double-Bass) and Jon Christensen](Drums).

Streaming on Qobus (44.1/16)… kicking off this Sunday afternoon with Jacob and this talented quintet and they are sounding mighty fine. I do hope everyone is having a peaceful and pleasant Sunday where ever you are and what ever your faith or belief maybe. Peace, Love, and Harmony…SK

4 Likes

Although I have all Laura Marling’s albums on CD, I find the first three to be the most appealing and accessible. All worth a listen.

1 Like

2 Likes

Good morning or good night, starting my holiday Monday morning with Bette Midler, The Divine Miss M.

4 Likes

Full Moon Fever is an excellent album, apart from hearing him on FM I never paid much attention to him. I’m now a big fan, slowly gathering all his album.

1 Like

Chris Rea Deltics

8 Likes

Laya Project’s musicians are the people of coastal and surrounding communities in the 2004 tsunami-affected regions of Sri Lanka, Thailand, Indonesia, Maldives, Myanmar and India.

The production is based on regional folk music traditions, recorded and brought back to the studio to create a composition that mixes and arranges the original recordings, and embarks on a visual and musical journey crossing borders, while preserving the people’s music. Some of these performances are rare and are documented for the first time in this production. Dedicated to survivors of the 12/26/04 tsunami.

Should be on bandcamp for those interested

images (13)

1 Like

The Dream Syndicate pull off a work of improvised psychedelia and avantgarde majesty

The resulting album sounds like technicolor lightning in a bottle and the trippy artwork only adds to the surreal reverie of the immersive listening experience.

2 Likes

Something very different for an early Bank Holiday Monday morning.

Goon Show Classics - Volume 5 on vinyl. Messrs Milligan (the writer too), Secombe, Sellers and John Snagge.

The Treasure of Loch Lomond and The Greenslade Story - originally broadcast 1956/55 respectively. Radio broadcast comedy without peer at the time.

7 Likes

Polyphonic Spree The Fragile Army

1 Like

Rowan Atkinson (with Richard Curtis) - Live in Belfast - on vinyl from 1980.

Great sketches, riding the wave of Not The Nine O’clock News.

3 Likes

Good morning everyone. All well I hope.

10 Likes

This morning begins with Vivaldi: The Four Seasons performed by Nigel Kennedy and The English Chamber Orchestra. Simply sublime.

16 Likes

Yes, all well here currently. The NAT01 is still holding its station (fingers crossed) and locked on to BBC Radio 3.

11 Likes

Joe Jackson - I’m The Man his second album , on vinyl from 1979.

Not quite as good as his debut Look Sharp but not far behind IMO…with plenty more to come.

13 Likes

Nice traditional progressive rock

4 Likes

Glad you liked it, a first press vinyl sounds amazing! Pentangle were beset by problems at IOW with their sound and numerous helicopters overhead, not their best moment. I think I have all of ISB’s albums but only managed to see them a couple of times back in the day. WeeTam always gets a summer airing, nothing quite like “Ducks On A Pond” to pave the way for better weather. Will continue to brace myself for Alabama 3!
Chris

2 Likes

Qobuz have some attractive hires prices for this and other DS albums at present.
Chris

1 Like

The Raconteurs - Consolers of the Lonely on CD from 2008

A case of put in player, turn up the volume and stand well back.

An aural assault of stonking guitars, bass, with vocals thrown in the mix. Great stuff, and if you like your music quite busy, thick and towards heavy, this is one for you.

I don’t normally like this genre but this is gooood!

12 Likes

I shall check that out, reaquainted myself with this recently
In-the-Dead-of-Night-single1

4 Likes