What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Funny I was going to play Witches Brew (the studio album), but went with Kind of Blue. Nice way to slow down my day.

Lee $cratch Perry - Heavy Rain.

Just chillin’ in the garden, to the sound of Lee Perry, with this one, the dub version of his “Rainford” album … perfect.

Hot, innit. :sweat:

6 Likes

Nick Drake - Five Leaves Left

12 Likes

On CD

Keb Mo - Oklahoma

10 Likes

2 x LP - Sony / Speakers Corner analogue reissue : )

Dave Brubeck - piano
Paul Desmond - alt sax
Eugene Wright - double bass
Joe Morello - drums

Recorded live on 22nd February 1963

<>

Paul Desmond died on this day in 1977

Desmond died on May 30, 1977, aged 52, not of his heavy alcohol habit but of lung cancer, the result of his longtime heavy smoking. Never without his humor, after he was diagnosed with cancer he expressed pleasure at the health of his liver. His last concert was with Brubeck in February 1977, in New York City. His fans did not know that he was already dying. Desmond specified in his will that all proceeds from “Take Five” would go to the Red Cross following his death

Paul Desmond 1924-1977

17 Likes

A nice sunny day with Frederick Chopin.
Performing by one of my favorites-

7 Likes

ELO’s Greatest Hits, with great SQ on this early cd.

14 Likes

Santana - Borboletta
From The Columbia Studio Albums Collection

15 Likes

Pink Floyd pulse on vinyl, the best live album? Well it is for me

9 Likes

On CD:-

Spandau Ballet - Journeys to Glory

6 Likes

Was listening to Shine on from pulse last night. A belter of an album content and production wise. Mt vinyl copy rarely sees the light of day though!!

Had a listen to Tangram by the dream last night. Always been my favourite of theirs. They are by the way undoubtedly the loudest band I have ever heard!!

2 Likes

Does this version sound better?

Midnight Oil - Diesel and Dust - Tidal 16/44
Thanks @Pete_the_painter, I probably haven’t heard anything by them since they were on the radio 30 years ago. This is excellent rock, good choons, well played, some very committed lyrics.

6 Likes

Alison Moyet - Raindancing, I can’t have played this in about twenty years, as I thought it was not as strong and distictive as Alf.Seems a bizarre choice, given the current weather :smile:

14 Likes

Gary Moore - Back on the Streets [1979]
Rock, blues and wonderful mastery of the guitar courtesy of the late great Mr. Moore.

6 Likes

On CD:

13 Likes
7 Likes

Just listening to the final mix/master of the next single (taken from the forthcoming album, provisionally titled Mercury In Retrograde and which will be out out in two to three months’ time - sadly our production schedules have been wrecked by the lockdown) which goes out to the distro on Monday for release by 21st June – I hope! :crossed_fingers:

14 Likes

First time listening enjoying very much

15 Likes