What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Amok, Atoms For Peace

2 Likes

I think it was probably me, just catching up with this enormous thread…did you get the vinyl…I’m tempted?

@Debs is that Cole Porter or PeeWee Hermen ? :grinning:

1 Like

Jeff Lorber Fusion - Hacienda - 2013 Heads Up / US CD / HUI 34476 02

On the version of Frank Zappa’s ‘King Kong’ it features guest musician Jean-Luc Ponty.

Hugh Mundell albums seem to be silly cheap on vp reggae store at the moment…

1 Like

Everton are an average football team in the English premier league. Not as good as Liverpool but slightly better than my team ( Newcastle). This is the tune they play at home matches. Their supporters are renowned for having excellent musical taste.

4 Likes

John Lee Hooker Chill Out (Things Gonna Change)

17 Likes

Albert Lee - Gagged But Not Bound

9 Likes

S.M.V. - Thunder
Stanley Clarke + Marcus Miller + Victor Wooten - 2008 Dreyfus / French CD / FDM 46050 369212

2 Likes

Steely Dan Katy Lied.

18 Likes

As an Evertonian myself it goes without saying that I have this as my ringtone. I also have excellent musical taste :smile:

2 Likes

Twins obviously, and separated at birth :joy:

3 Likes

The Holmes Brothers - Feed My Soul

2 Likes

The two most recent acquisitions which I will probably NOT listen to. It is not that they are real bad but I just have much better recordings of these artists. This is partly why I hardly buy any music. I don’t find much new that excites me and the recent works of favorite performers do not inspire either. Perhaps I should just switch to upgrading the gear which I have neglected for over 20 years and order the Statements…

2 Likes

Haim,

go and have a lie down and listen to some Delius, you’ll soon recover from your attack of upgradious! : )

3 Likes

LP - EMI 1969 : )

Frederick Delius died on the 10th June 1934, aged 72.

Enjoyed the peacefulness of his compositions on this LP yesterday, my tribute to this fine English composer, seems to charm well with the rain outside, and a cup of coffee in hand, as i admire my wet garden though the window.

Relaxing to it again today because it’s coffee time, and still raining outside : /

Frederick Delius 1862-1934

10 Likes

The Beatles - Let It Be, I tend to play “Naked” more these days, so time to give the original a spin.At least on cd I can skip the travesties that are “The Long And Winding Road” and “Across The Universe”.

19 Likes

Steve Cropper and Guests - Dedicated, A Salute To The 5 Royales

4 Likes

Alan I have both the original and “naked “ . Must admit I like the banter. After 50 years I still laugh at the Charles Hawtry bit and Lennon’s acidic “hark the angels come “ comment. Looking forward to the anniversary edition which hopefully includes both versions in sumptuous packaging. Never skipped those 2 tracks before though

3 Likes

Agree with what you say totally, it’s just Phil Spector’s treatment of the two songs I mentioned.Even on release they stuck out like sore thumbs and were at odds sonically with the other tracks.Obviously I played them on lp :grin:
Roll on the big box set :+1:

1 Like