What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

The Byrds - Farther Along
The last CD in The Complete Columbia Albums Collection

7 Likes

Graham, I believe you receive an email from the forum if you indicated in your ‘Preference > Emails’ section. No clear instructions but I believe this controls the function on how/when you receive an email from the forum.

1 Like

The Who - Odds and Sods

What a great album (of odds and sods) this is. So much fun. Play this with Who’s Next and you’ve got most of the aborted Lifehouse project (apparently), but how that’s supposed to work is anybody’s guess!

13 Likes

21 Likes

Nice choice Clive, I’ve always enjoyed “Long Live Rock”

1 Like

Thanks, Debs, you are saving me tons of $$$.

1 Like

Massive Attack - Mezzanine.

Disc one of the 2 X CD 2018 remaster, the second one being the Mad Professor dub remixes from the original Mezzanine sessions, and which will be going on straight after this.

Massive Attack? … LOUD and Massive! :sunglasses:

20 Likes

Thanks seakayaker. Some come through to my email address, some don’t. Yours did. Just thought it was something the sender did. Anyway so I don’t get accused of hi jacking the thread. This is one of your recommendations I think. Quite enjoying.

13 Likes

“Think about it “ is a track that leaves me dazed and confused for some reason :sunglasses:

Us [1992]
What a fine body of work Peter Gabriel has created and been involved with.

15 Likes

Maybe that’s because you heard my band playing it in 1980-82! It had that effect on most people, especially when I got the violin bow out.:joy:

1 Like

On Vinyl:

3 Likes

Alabama 3 - There Will Be Peace In The Valley … When We Get The Keys To The Mansion On The Hill.

Alabama 3 go all acoustic … who’d a thunk it … bonkers, but brilliant. :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Del Amitri - Twisted, well crafted pop/rock laced with lyrics about loneliness, loss and heartbreak.

3 Likes

Just Finishing…

Abbey Lincoln - Devil’s Got Your Tongue

Abbey Lincoln (Vocals), Yoron Israel (Drums), J.J. Johnson (Trombone), Rodney Kendrick (Piano), Marcus McLaurine (Bass), The Noel Singers (Vocals), Sulé O’Uhuru (Agogo Bell, Bells, Djembe, Drums), Babatunde Olatunji (Ashiko Drum, Djembe, Drums, Ndoma Drums, Ngoma, Percussion, Sekere), Kehinde O’Uhuru (Ashiko Drum, Drums), Max Roach (Viola), Maxine Roach (Viola), Gordon Ryan (Djun-Djun, Drums, Jun-Jun), The Staple Singers (Vocals), Cleotha Staples (Vocals), Mavis Staples (Vocals), Roebuck “Pops” Staples (Vocals), Grady Tate (Drums), Stanley Turrentine (Tenor Saxophone), Randolph Noel (Choir Director), Chior members: Ivan Archer, Giselle Brown, Queinton Caesar, Ronnie David, Shelby Ellis, Daylene Hunt, Clevie Jordan, Marie Leveque, Lucila Martinez, Jason Moses, Gregory Norman, Leigh-Ann Padmore, Aleata Prince, Natasha Reeves, Tiffany Rivera, Linda Sanchez, Joann Santiago, Sherrille Shabazz, Chante Slater, Karen Thompson, Teddy Turrene, Merlen West and Tasha Woodward.

Streaming on NAS (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with this 1992 release from Abbey Lincoln and she and the large talented band and singers is sounding mighty fine! One sweet album…

2 Likes

A fine album from The Durutti Column, from their post-Factory period. Time Was Gigantic… When We Were Kids.

3 Likes

Led Zeppelin - Box Set 2

I don’t often play LZ these days, having overdosed on them in the late 70s and 80, but I recently found a transcription I’d done of Bron Yr Aur and wanted to check the original. FWIW I worked it out in a kind of A- tuning, CACGCE, which was a tip from someone else who was a better player than me at the time.

9 Likes

Wishbone Ash - Argus
On Vinyl

16 Likes

3-CD set on Chandos

5 Likes

Sarah Jarosz - “World On The Ground” (2020) New release produced by John Leventhal (Mr Rosanne Cash)

4 Likes