What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Linton Kwesi Johnson - Reality Poem/Want Fi Goh Rave - Island Records 1979
Dennis Brown - Deceiving Girl - Yvonne’s Special 1984
Still slowly working my way through my reggae collection and playing things I’ve not heard in a while.
The LKJ 12" is from his excellent ‘Forces of Victory’ LP and is produced by Dennis Bovell.
The Dennis Brown 12" is taken from his joint LP with Gregory Isaacs ‘JudgeNot’ which is produced by Augustus 'Gussie Clark

5 Likes

Self titled…first album

This journey has 2 more discs to go after this one… :grinning:

From Amazon website

This self-titled debut is an amazing collection, spotlighting the Malian guitarist in his full solo acoustic glory for a beautiful, intimate music that recalls American blues.

41N11TZZ3RL.SY400

7 Likes

Now playing…

Jon Balke & Magnetic North Orchestra - Kyanos

Jon Balke (Piano, Keyboards), Per Jørgensen (Trumpet, Vocal), Arve Henriksen (Trumpet), Morten Halle (Saxophones, Flute), Svante Henryson (Violoncello), Anders Jormin (Double-Bass) and Audun Kleive (Drums, Percussion).

Streaming on NAS… continuing on this morning with Jon & the very talented Magnetic North Orchestra and they are sounding sweet! A wonderful album and very nice to lift the spirits!

3 Likes

I was just listening to this LP as I came across your post - terrific !

10 Likes

Neil Young - Harvest
On Vinyl

25 Likes

5 Likes

The Paul Butterfield Blues Band - epon.

Oh this takes me back. Used to spend hours with friends working out these songs. That was in the days when you’d record it on cassette and keep rewinding, playing, rewinding, playing etc. until either you’d worked it out or the tape was swallowed by the cassette player. Such fun!

13 Likes

Massive Attack - Protection .

17 Likes

Better than the album which proceeded it, but a long way from their best.

10 Likes

Prince -The Rainbow Children, shame the sound is quite compressed, as the music is rather good.

2 Likes

You Gotta Say Yes To Another Excess [1983]
It’s probably never a bad time to play some Yello from those lovable Swiss funsters, this is an early one.
A-5873-001.gif

11 Likes

Now playing…

Eivind Aarset | Jan Bang - Snow Catches on Her Eyelashes

Eivind Aarset (guitar), Jan Bang (live sampling), Sidsel Endresen (voice), Erik Honore (samples/effects), Nils Petter Molvaer (trumpet), Hilde Norbakken (piano), [Anders Engen (drums) and Audun Erlien ( bass, electric).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this morning with this recently released album (March) and taking out for another spin. Sounding sublime and works as some fine music to sit, relax and enjoy the day!

1 Like

Train - Save Me San Francisco

Just love Hey Soul Sister and the rest of the album is not bad either

3 Likes

Compilation of the first three albums on Arista’s Zoom sub-label, plus a rare B-side:

8 Likes

Nightwish | Imaginaerum [2011]
Wonderful symphonic goth metal from this Finnish band. I haven’t played anything from them for a few years, they have just caught my eye while flitting through the library, so…

3 Likes

Neil Young - Chrome Dreams II

Starts with 3 tracks from the 80’s, discarded in favour of other tracks, but released here, and for the life of me I can’t see why they didn’t make the cut first time round.

9 Likes

Santana - Santana. 2007 Mobile Fidelity release.

18 Likes

My fav album from Reg, I think this is his best album Captain Fantastic and the Brown dirt cowboy what a superb Peace of work

16 Likes

Now playing…

Eivind Aarset - Dream Logic

Eivind Aarset (Guitars, Bass Guitar, Electronics, Percussion, Samples, Programming) and Jan Bang (Samples, Dictaphone, Programming).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing into the noon hour with Eivind and Jan and they are sounding superb and hitting the spot as the sun begins to shine! Happy days…

2 Likes

Cream - I Feel Free: Ultimate Cream, playing the BBC sessions disc from this three cd set.

16 Likes