What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Christy Moore - On The Road - Qobuz 16/44
The Irish folk master’s greatest hits, Christy picked his favourite versions of his finest self-penned numbers and covers from 3 years of gigs, from duo work to full band. Some of the finest songs to come out of Ireland, hilarious numbers, beautiful ballads, committed political numbers, sung by a master singer. And as bonus the great guitar work of Declan Sinnott. This is a great introduction to Christy for those who don’t know his work, and a sheer joy for his fans,

2 Likes

Just when you thought you’ve seen it all. :flushed:

15 Likes

Agnes Obel- Myopia the instrumentals.

4 Likes

Now playing…

Sidsel Endresen - So I Write

Sidsel Endresen (Vocal), Nils Petter Molvaer (Trumpet, Flugelhorn, Percussion), Django Bates (Piano) and Jon Christensen (Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on into the mid-afternoon hour with another album from Sidsel and her talented members of the quartet. Sidsel voice and the music is lovely, another very sweet album!

3 Likes

41EgRwsNIuL._SS500

On vinyl, running the Kandid in… :sunglasses: :notes:

2 Likes

4 Likes

The Best of Ramsey Lewis

8 Likes

71EguI3LnFL.SS500

On vinyl…

11 Likes

11 Likes

Elton John Sleeping With The Past.

8 Likes

The Grateful Dead American Beauty

12 Likes

6 Likes

Kurt Vile Wakin on a Pretty Daze

10 Likes

Blue Oyster Cult, Don’t Fear The Reaper, CD rip

and why not? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Samuel Barber, Adagio for Strings, CD rip

Something a bit moving… tears to the eyes.

7 Likes

Bowie Station to Station.

16 Likes

I’ve just enjoyed a fine (if hissy) performance of Chopin’s Prelude no. 15, the Raindrop, played by Murray Perahia on Suzy Klein’s Essential Classics programme on BBC Radio 3 FM. Quite appropriate to hear the Raindrop prelude after the storms last evening (all stereo off and unplugged). Hopefully I’ll get my NAT01 back today, so will be listening to Radio 3 a fair bit more in the coming days.

6 Likes

Very amusing

Art Blakey. Moanin. 1987 cd. One of my favourite blue note albums. I really must get it on vinyl but which one? There are so many reissues. If only I knew someone who wrote for a jazz magazine :thinking:

18 Likes