What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

On CD:-

Blackfield - Open Mind the best of Blackfield

3 Likes

AC-DC - If You Want Blood

I’ve been playing quite a few melancholic album tracks this morning, initiated by the Raindrop Prelude, which I mentioned above. There was Erik Satie (Gnossienne no. 1), more Chopin preludes (esp no. 4 in E-), Bill Evans (My Foolish Heart from the VV), Keith Jarrett (Blame It On My Youth) and then several versions of Beim Schlafengehen, from Straus’s Four Last Songs - any of which could be played at my funeral. Then I realised the ultimate funeral track and it’s on this album.

13 Likes

Keith Richards - Talk Is Cheap: 30th Anniversary Edition, some nice grooves.

12 Likes

Lou Reed Perfect Night, Live in London. Great live set, saw this tour in Sydney.

8 Likes

Gary Clark Jr - Blak And Blu.

8 Likes

Herbie Hancock - Sunlight

6 Likes

Mark Knopfler. Local hero. A favourite at St James’s. Tonight sees the return of an old flame who will require my undivided attention. Take it away Mark, get us in the mood. :soccer:

7 Likes

Blu-ray of Camel. At the Royal Albert Hall from September 2018.
Complete performance of Moonmadness and other songs from their catalogue
Very good picture quality and sound

8 Likes

2 x LP - DG 1976 : )

<>

Igor Fyodorovich Stravinsky was born on this day in 1882

Igor Stravinsky 1882-1971

9 Likes

Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak.

16 Likes

I was at that concert! Very enjoyable.

1 Like

David Bowie - The Gouster
From the Who Can I Be Now? (1974-1976) cd box set

11 Likes

British saxist/flautist’s newie (and goodie):

3 Likes

Eric Clapton - Reptile, on hdcd.

6 Likes

Perfume Genius - Set My Heart On Fire Immediately

2 Likes

Louis Lortie plays Liszt Works for Piano and Orchestra. Louis Lortie, piano. Residentie Orchestra The Hague, George Pehlivanian. Chandos CD.

There are a number of great Canadian piano players (Angela Hewitt, Marc-André Hamelin, Alain Lefebvre to name but a few.) Louis Lortie is one of them, but he seems underrated, which is a shame. Here he plays the two piano conceros, but also works that are not heard as often, such as the Grande fantaisie on thèmes on Berlioz’s Lelos. Chandos SQ is near perfect.

Liszt Lortie

Claude

3 Likes

Till Brönner

tillbronnerCD

4 Likes

8 Likes

Rick Wakeman and the New English Rock Ensemble - Made in Cuba (Live)

7 Likes

LP - Decca 1984 : )

More from birthday boy Stravinsky musik, and pleasantly surprised to find this alternative Detroit Symphony Orchestra version beating the pants off my earlier play of Abbado with the LSO. Trumpets less brash and easier on the ear, the quieter twinkly parts with more sparkle, more engaging, better resolution and improved recording all round, oh dear digital vinyl beats earlier analogue, can’t be right…
will go and get my ears syringed now :syringe: :crazy_face:

9 Likes