What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Pat Metheny Group - STILL life (talking) - 2011 Nonesuch / US CD / 79948 2

13 Likes

Sarah Jarosz - World On The Ground

7 Likes

John Mayer - Paradise Valley.

6 Likes

Wax On… Wax Out…

1 Like

Now playing…

Sarah Jarosz - Build Me Up From Bones

Sarah Jarosz (vocals, octave mandolin, mandolin, banjo), Kate Rusby (harmony vocal), Eric Darken (percussion), Jerry Douglas (Dobro, Weissenborn), Dan Dugmore (lap steel), Alex Hargreaves (violin), Jedd Hughes (harmony vocal, guitar), Viktor Krauss (bass), Tim Lauer (Wurlitzer), Kenny Malone (percussion), Aoife O’Donovan (harmony vocal), Dirk Powell (accordion, bass), Darrell Scott (harmony vocal, guitar), Nathaniel Smith (cello, violin), Chris Thile (mandolin), and Kai Welch (harmony vocal).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… opening this morning with this 2013 album from Sarah and she and this talented group of musicians are sounding fantastic!

6 Likes

From a forumite suggestion

A bit of Hendrix
Band of Gypsies not one I’m familiar with so thought I’d listen to his practice goes

8 Likes

Men of the World: The Early Years [2005]
Playing disc three of three from this excellent box set featuring the early band members before Greeny departed and the band went pop.

51h6ZURfvTL.AC

10 Likes

Don’t get drawn in @VinoVeritas . I missed Band of gypsys album in 1970 then Tony flagged it up and I ended up buying 50th anniversary vinyl. Then Eoink suggests streaming the box set. Inevitably I have to buy that as well. This thread is wonderful but expensive :sunglasses:

4 Likes

@igahman
Noted :grinning:
Currently my streaming “ones to try” playlist is at about a 1000 hours and growing.

1 Like

Now playing…

Aoife O’Donovan - Bull Frogs Croon (and Other Songs)

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… next up this morning is this short album from Aoife featuring six tracks and released on March 5, 2020. Information found on band camp: “This is the first release featuring Aoife with a string quartet. Co-produced by Jeremy Kittel and Aoife, the album was recorded in Brooklyn on the last days of October 2019. The title of the project comes from the Peter Sears poem, “Valentine,” which is the final movement of the 3 song suite along with Sears other poems “Night Fishing” and “The Darkness”. Peter Sears (1937-2017), was named the seventh poet laureate of the state of Oregon in 2014. The suite was penned in 2015 by O’Donovan along with Jeremy Kittel and Teddy Abrams, the conductor of the Louisville Symphony Orchestra and premiered at the Britt Festival in Jacksonville, OR."

The mix of music and poetry is always sweet and Aoife vocals and the strings are sounding mighty fine!

3 Likes

My new version of Jennifer Warnes’ Famous Blue Raincoat arrived today. Ripped and playing at the moment, having just listened to the original recording. The difference is quite staggering! Clarity, bass, soundstage - everything is so much…better! Definitely one of the best remastering efforts I’ve ever heard.

image image

11 Likes

That BoG boxset contains some of the finest music Hendrix ever made – the 13min 51sec “Machine Gun” on Side 6 is definitive.

7 Likes

16 Likes

Now playing…

Aoife O’Donovan - In The Magic Hour

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on with Aoife this morning on this October 2019 release. Sweet voice…

5 Likes

Commune [2016]
Some Goat before they went totally off the boil with their last studio album. This one is good Swedish psychedelic rock, I hope they get back on track with the next album.

5 Likes

Ry Cooder - Paradise and Lunch, if pushed, probably my favourite Cooder album.

16 Likes

Now playing…

Kate Rusby - Philosophers, Poets and Kings

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… continuing on this morning with Kate’s 2019 release and enjoying her sweet voice!

8 Likes

7 Likes

12 Likes

IMG_0864

Jonathan Wilson - Fanfare. I can’t quite make up my mind if I like this. Need to spin it a few more times.

4 Likes