What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Interesting…i was at a demo, and we all hated the rip version, apparently some not so good ones out there. Great album👍

Now playing…

Ana Silvera - Oracles

Ana Silvera (Harmonium, Vocals), Ruairi Bowen (Tenor, Vocals), Kieran Brunt (Tenor, Vocals), Anne Chauveau-Dhayan (Cello), Dan D’souza(Bass, Vocals), Jasper Høiby (Double Bass), Joel Newsome-Hubbard (Alto, Vocals), Bill Laurance (Piano), William Marsey (Bass, Vocals), Rose Martin (Alto, Vocals), Naomi Morris (Drums, Percussion), Simran Singh (Violin), Jacob Smedegaard (Drums, Percussion), Josephine Stephenson (Soprano, Vocals), Signe Trylle (Vocals) and Héloïse Werner (Soprano, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… this mentioned on the forum in the not to distant past and I had placed in the queue and finally getting around to taking out for a spin. A very enjoyable album and enjoying the music quite a bit! Looking forward to the rest of the album…

2 Likes

A bunch of trax off her up and coming album due 7th Aug.
The video is the first single off the album 7.43 of pure pleasure.
Recorded by Ethan Johns live at Peter Gabriels Real World studios in Bath.

7 Likes

Remastered for record store day 2020, on double vinyl with live tracks from Womad.

4 Likes

Fantastic album, very cinematic and like watching a film.

7 Likes

First UK press, sounds fabulous

18 Likes

Now playing…

Silje Nergaard - Chain of Days

Silje Nergaard (Vocals), Audun Erlien (Bass), Anders Engen (Drums, Piano, Guitar, Vocals) and Hallgrim Bratberg (Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on into the noon hour with the beautiful voice of Silje and she and the talented group of musicians playing with her are sounding mighty sweet!

5 Likes

Pedantry warning - That wasn’t really the practice run, the BoG album was pulled together from the live recordings. Great music across all 4 sets.

2 Likes

A slight off-topic aside, I’m very fond of the name Aoife, the only name I know with a higher percentage of vowels than mine (Eóin). This particular Aoife is also a lovely singer.

5 Likes

Some live Joe Walsh

6 Likes

Wonderful voice and great songwriter. Seen her many times and she is always thoroughly entertaining.

Simon and Garfunkel - Bookends.

Short at 34 minutes, but wonderful stuff.

17 Likes

Alabama 3 -Exile on Coldharbour Lane boxset - WAV CD rip
A fairly new discovery for me, house music with a country vibe (country house which I first wrote sounds like I’m describing a string quartet in Downton Abbey). This is great, challenging lyrics and totally infectious music.

9 Likes

Now playing…

Waxahatchee - Saint Cloud

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… taking ‘Saint Cloud’ which was released in March, 2020 out for another spin and it is one fine album!

8 Likes

Tinariwen - Aman Iman ( Water Is Life ).

8 Likes

LP - naim audio 2005 : )

4 Likes

Take a look on youtube of their Sydney concert…a classic.

Tom Waits - Nighthawks at the Diner - WAV CD rip
Wait’s louche gravelly voice provides an slurred spoken intro to each song, as he hymns in prose and song the late night sleazy bar scene, as atmospheric and compelling an album as I possess.

9 Likes

You pointed me at it a while back, it was a complete blast, thanks Gazza.

1 Like

I’ve not listened much just lately, but taking a break from Ancestry and gardening!

Yesterday I turned the system off during the thunder storm for several hours. Malia & Boris Blank and Mary Black (Babes in the Wood) are sounding even better than every. It’s like the after effect of a thunderstorm when the air can be so clear.

Hope you are all well.

Phil

13 Likes