What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

I was speaking only in the spirit of discussion. Censorship is more offensive to me than the photos, and is certainly not my intention. To each his/her own, Tony. Nudity in general is OK by me, but photos of naked preteen kids do bother me. Then again, I always thought the Afghan Whigs cover was clever, if provocative. I pretty much share your opinion of the Gardot one, but the shot on Nick Cave’s Push The Sky Away seems fine. I’ve no idea why that should be, and can’t really justify any of these inconsistencies.

1 Like

Rimsky-Korsakov, Sheherazade. L’Orchestre de la Suisse Romande, Ernest Ansermet. CD.

I just received this CD I ordered on May 9. I already knew how good an orchestrator Rimsky-Korsakov was, but this music is simply magical. Ansermet and la Suisse Romande offer a lively and sumptuous interpretation, which really feels like the 1001 Nights.

Digital re-master from the original tapes (they certainly knew how to use microphones in 1961!)

OrchestredelaSuisseRomande51366_f

I’m almost certain someone recommended it recently , but I couldn’t find the original post. I apologize to the OP if that’s the case.

Claude

8 Likes

Starting my Thursday morning with the Waterboys Dream Harder.

6 Likes

A favorite Fred Herschels:

5 Likes

Couldn’t help myself, first track’s very interesting. Neil Young Homegrown.

8 Likes

Norah Jones Pick Me Up Off The Floor

13 Likes

I am deeply touched by this song, and I guess that you are too.

5 Likes

Dr Ben Sidran - The Doctor Is In.

Let’s see if Ben Sdiran (he has a PhD in Musicology) can cure you? He definitely cures my thirst for a good piece of jazzy music.

2 Likes

What’s this like ewemon? Looks right up my street

Atb
Kk

3 Likes

Refined playing

5 Likes

Paul McCartney Pipes of Peace

10 Likes

Probably should have played this first, Paul McCartney Tug of War.

6 Likes

Radiohead, The Bends, CD rip

My quid CD has finally arrived.

First play… a bit droney, mono-tonal, on the vocals but I’ll give it a fair try.

14 Likes

Agnes Obel, Aventine, CD rip

something with a bit more of a tune to it :wink:

11 Likes

‘Just’ is the track to go for on this album

Given it one play… undecided. I’ll give it another play later today.

Bai Kamara Jr - Salone

Thanks to whoever posted this on here. An artist new to me, I am really enjoying this. A touch of trance blues on some tracks, which I like. Will be looking further into Bai’s work.

6 Likes

6 Likes

7 Likes

Melody Gardot - Worrisome Heart

Ohhh yesss…

18 Likes