What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Agnes Obel, Philharmonics, CD rip

Some more Agnes… a chilled out morning.

Got the plasterer in at the ‘new’ place so no DiY for a couple of days. A new, to us, plasterer and, as anyone will tell you that’s ever had to get a plasterer in, there are good plasterers but an awful lot more bad plasterers. As such it’s a bit bum-twitchy at the moment wondering if this is going to be £300 down the drain or not so we need something to calm us down :wink:

11 Likes

Amazing album

Atb
Kk

1 Like

Bert Jansch. Bert and John. Gentle start to the day.

6 Likes

Lou Reed - The Bells

6 Likes

Faces - Long Player
From the You Can Make Me Dance, Sing or Anything (1970-1975) cd box set

12 Likes

Miles Davis.Birth of the cool. Talking about album covers that really is the coolest. I have a cd edition and it just doesn’t work like the vinyl.

1 Like

BBC National Orchestra of Wales - Elgar, Vaughan Williams and Tippett - WAV CD rip
Elegant readings of the Enigma Variations, Dives and Lazarus, and Ritual Dances. From an old BBC Music magazine cover disc.

3 Likes

Boz Scaggs. Dig. Recently introduced to this artist by @seakayaker and this is third album I’ve listened to. Excellent.

10 Likes

Cat Stevens - Teaser and the Firecat
On Vinyl

19 Likes

Hawkwind -Quark, Strangeness and Charm, WAV CD rip
Inspired by an exchange with @Ebor on the jokes thread, the Space Rock masters with one of their trippiest albums. My vinyl copy of this is an early ‘80s pressing, I occasionally think of getting a first press, but somehow the copy that got played to death during my Physics degree at Imperial College seems appropriate given the title.

6 Likes

Crikey, I didn’t realise it was a reference to an actual song title. My Physics degree was about a decade too late for prog classics to be on the menu, more’s the pity.

1 Like

Can’t stop playing this. Great voice, very chilled album. Nice production

Atb
Kk

6 Likes

Ron Wood - Gimme Some Neck

8 Likes

UK first press vinyl. This is Ese’s first time of hearing Rush. She looks baffled… :laughing:

14 Likes

“This is horrible…!!!” she wails. Better move off Rush and on to something else…

UK vinyl from the 1980s:

4 Likes

Now playing…

Tord Gustavsen Trio - Changing Places

Tord Gustavsen (Piano), Harald Johnsen (Double-Bass) and Jarle Vespestad (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this beautiful sunny morning withTord’s Chaning Places and it is sounding cool, smooth and sophisticated and helping to ease into the day. This is one sweet album!

3 Likes

Iconic cover thread made me think of this
Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells
On Abbey Road half speed master. Original 1973 Stereo album mix

14 Likes

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Skynyrd’s First, The Complete Muscle Shoals Album

8 Likes

After working my way through Hendrix Songs for Groovy Children and I have to agree with @TheKevster Machine Gun News Years Eve 2nd dry is brilliant.
But then again so are the rest.

This lead me to dig out my copy of Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush Live from 1978.

Many people complain Marino copies Hendrix but he quote Carlos Santana, Johnny Winter and Duane Allman as other influences.
Electric Reflections of War and the following World Anthem to me are Machine Gun inspired ibut I love em
Each to our own

1 Like

LP - naim label 2003 : )

7 Likes