What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Larry Carlton - Alone / But Never Alone

4 Likes

@Debs Alex Malheiros has a talented daughter - Sabrina Malheiros.
Here’s the Nicola Conte reworking of one of her songs - Terra De Ninguem.

Double Bass – Pietro Ciancaglini
Drums – Lorenzo Tucci
Piano – Pietro Lussu
Guitar – Nicola Conte

3 Likes

that was glastonbury 86 . my first was 82 black uhuru played that one too, kept it up till 1995 but it got to commercial

Ike Quebec - Heavy Soul.

6 Likes

Rounding off my evening with this. Loved it from the moment I first heard it all those years ago !

12 Likes

followed by Roon radio all day. Been a great 60’s journey

now listening to something more contemporary.

8 Likes

Now I need to play this great recording - especially the brush drums on this!

1 Like

The Incredible Jimmy Smith - Home Cookin’, last one for the evening.

14 Likes

A friend bought this on vinyl and got a digital download with it which he gave me. This was a great tour, Elton John Live from Moscow. Good download too, in WAV/CD quality.

8 Likes

First listen, Qobuz 24/96

I think I’ll enjoy it and spend some time unraveling the various themes.

Is it better than Tempest or Time of mind, well I don’t know yet.

Is it better than Blood on the Tracks, Desire, Street Legal, Slow Train Coming or Infidels, well, I think I know it’s not, bit then again it’s unlikely to be in reality.

Still very relevant though, to a certain demographic.

.sjb

7 Likes

It may take a few listens, it’s definitely the best thing he’s done for years.

3 Likes

Neil Young Live At The Cellar Door

10 Likes

[
Visit](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wake_of_the_Flood)

The Grateful Dead - Wake Of The Flood (1988, Vinyl) | Discogs

](https://www.discogs.com/The-Grateful-Dead-Wake-Of-The-Flood/release/12860252)

5 Likes

Having trouble posting … cough

Yes 1995 was my last too and for the same reasons there was still something of the counter culture about going to Glastonbury back in the 1980’s but by the 90’s it was all about the over the counter culture.
It’s the way of the world I know and probably a little bit selfish of me but going to Reggae Sunsplash, Glastonbury, travelling away to places like India and the Far East where things you did that made you feel even a little bit different and apart from the mainstream now they are the mainstream, so now they are what are the things that make young people who want to feel different, feel different, more extreme versions of the mainstream? I suppose whatever it is it’s only right that at 50 years old I don’t ‘get it’ or even know what it is. I do ask myself though when your 16 and your parents are going to Glastonbury getting ‘trollied’ walking around in skinny jeans talking about how great Stormzy is what is it you do you do to set yourself apart from them?
I suppose a good example would be music when I was in my teens unless I was satisfied with Top of the Pops I’d have to hunt for different music we would have to get a train from Brighton up to Dub Vendor to buy the latest Reggae, we would get a bus up to the top of Race Hill next to Brighton race course with our radio/tape recorder to pick up and record David Rodigan on Capital Radio. But music is at everybody’s finger tips now so to set themselves apart young people are making their own versions of mainstream music and to impress that girl instead of handing her a mix tape of the latest whatever music you hand her a usb stick of your own version of that music.

1 Like

Early morning sun, coffee and the wonderful Joe Pass, bliss.

4 Likes

Harry Nilsson A Little Touch of Schmilsson in the Night.

12 Likes

Robert Reed, Sanctuary, bandcamp

A good attempt at emulating Mike Oldfield…

2 Likes

Moody Blues A Question of Balance

9 Likes

image image

Perfume Genius - Set My Heart On Fire, Immediately

Phoebe Bridgers - Punisher

Two of the best recent releases. Epic.

Cheers

2 Likes