What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Mazzy Star. She hangs brightly
Bloody hell, it was 20 years ago I bought this album.

10 Likes

Scrap that…

2 Likes

Dark Horses - Under the Rainbow - WAV CD rip
Folk duo of Keith Donnelly and Flossie Malavialle, Keith writes the songs and plays guitar, and Flossie takes most of the vocal duties. Keith’s songs are classy folk, he’s a fine finger picker, Flossie’s got a lovely pure voice (and a fantastic French/Geordie blend accent), they harmonise well. LoveLy chilled folk album by two fine musicians.

1 Like

100 Hits Boogie Nights 5 CD
Love a bit of disco
That’s my night sorted

3 Likes

Drive-By Truckers - The Unraveling

10 Likes

Savoy Brown | Blue Matter [1969]
More great British blues rock from Kim Simmonds and the boys.

9 Likes

Quite varied music

1 Like

Gave this a bit of a blast earlier

John Mellencamp - Cuttin Heads

Not played this in a while and was surprised how good it sounded

5 Likes

9 Likes

Emmylou Harris - All I Intended to Be - WAV CD rip
Superb choice of covers and some lovely self-penned numbers, Emmylou on fantastic voice, what a great interpreter of a song she is. Folk-country doesn’t really get any better than an on-form Emmylou, and Wildwood Flower with harmony vocals from the McGarrigle sisters is a peak even in her career. Joyous.

12 Likes

2020 Pure Pleasure vinyl reissue of classic 1976 big band LP.

4 Likes

1 Like

Bob Dylan - Rough and Rowdy Ways.

The new album from His Bobness and what a gem! This is possibly the best thing he has produced for over thirty or more years. It really is that good. This is going to be spending a lot of time in my CD player.

13 Likes

Prince - Around The World In A Day, don’t play this that often, so I’m putting that right, now.

12 Likes

Following on with the Mellencamp theme

John Mellencamp - Big Daddy
On original vinyl and sounding pretty good too

8 Likes

Now playing…

Anat Cohen - Claroscuro

Anat Cohen (Clarinet, Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone), Jason Lindner (Piano), Joe Martin (Bass), Daniel Freedman (Drums), Wycliffe Gordon (Trombone, Vocal) and Paquito d’Rivera (Clarinet).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… after watching a couple of videos on U Tube with the Three Cohens: Anat Cohen: Clarinet, Avishai Cohen: Trumpet and Yuval Cohen: Soprano Saxophone, I wanted to take Anat out for a spin. I have not listened to one of her albums in quite some time. This is one sweet album and enjoy it quite a bit!

2 Likes

Foy Vance - Live at Bangor Abbey - WAV CD rip
Lovely live album from the master singer songwriter, classy songs, well played by Vance and band, and sung with true depth of feeling.

8 Likes

12 Likes

3 x LP - Reprise Records (pressed at Pallas) 2012 : )

Neil Young – vocals, guitar, pump organ, stringman, whistling

Crazy Horse

Billy Talbot – bass, vocals
Ralph Molina – drums, vocals
Frank “Poncho” Sampedro – guitar, vocals

Recorded at Audio Casa Blanca, Broken Arrow Ranch, Redwood City, California. 2012

<>

Continuing with Birthday boy Ralph Molina celebrations, 77 years old Today! :cake: :yum:

12 Likes

That is one tall hedge, Graham!

1 Like