What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Carla Olson & Mick Taylor - Too Hot For Snakes and The Ring Of Truth

5 Likes

Kandace Springs on vinyl

12 Likes

A friend asked me to recommend a john lee hooker album. This is the one. Belter

Atb
Kk

10 Likes

I was convinced that the sound quality was good (I mean really good) on the first listen but was unsure on the content. However, after repeated plays of my vinyl copy I am really enjoying this album. If you are a NY fan I’m sure you won’t be disappointed, if not then at least you will hear great 70’s all analogue sonics!

13 Likes

Time for some harp. Amazing sound on this

Atb
Kk

3 Likes

Now playing…

Terje Rypdal - Waves

Terje Rypdal (Electric Guitar, RMI Keyboard Computer, ARP Synthesizer), Palle Mikkelborg (Trumpet, Flugelhorn, RMI, Tac Piano, Ringmodulator), Sveinung Hovensjø (6-String Electric Bass, 4-String Electric Bass) and Jon Christensen (Drums, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (192/24)… kicking off this Thursday morning with this album originally recorded in 1977 and released in 1978 then re-released in 2016, Terje and the members are sounding outstanding on the opening track ‘Per Ulv!’ The second bonus is I just love the album cover photo! …this quartet is sounding sublime.

4 Likes

Had to have a listen to this one. Always loved it, great songs from ami.

Why does it always rotate my pictures through 90 degrees ?

5 Likes

It’s amazing when I listen to a great blues album I just keep playing blues albums one after the other

Atb
Kk

5 Likes

And now this brilliant soul album. Soooooo goood

atb
Kk

5 Likes

Just ripped through this …kinda like it ! :blush: :smile:

10 Likes

Now playing…

Terje Rypdal - Odyssey In Studio & In Concert

Terje Rypdal (Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Synthesizer, Soprano Saxophone), Torbjørn Sunde (Trombone), Brynjulf Blix (Organ, Synthesizer, Electric Piano), Sveinung Hovensjø (Bass Guitar) and Svein Christiansen (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this monring with Terje and his 2 album Odyssey set along with other material in a 3 CD format released in 2012. Run time for this is over 2 1/2 hours, so it is sit back and relax and enjoy the music! Opening track is sounding sublime…

2 Likes

Not quite sure how my mind works sometimes but prompted by previous posts started with…
Tubular Bells

Which led me to remember intro outro from Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band’s GORILLA

And from there who know why but
Concerto Popolare from Gerald Hoffnung Musical Festivals

9 Likes

Warren Zevon

7 Likes

Mother’s favourite and often played on the Radio in the 1960s. She was born in 1908. Evocative of my childhood.

2 Likes

14 Likes

4 Likes

Charlie Haden & Pat Metheny - Beyond the Missouri Sky

I mentioned this on the Jazz Music thread, so thought I’d play it over dinner. It’s not particularly jazz, despite the presence of two heavyweights of the genre, but just pleasant easy listening.

11 Likes

I’ve also posted this on the Jazz music thread but thought I’d add it here too as it’s a great introduction to both Blue Note records and Jazz music in general.

6 Likes

1 Like

On vinyl
When a student this was one of my favourite albums. 35 years later I have rediscovered its beauty again- happy days

12 Likes