What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Now playing…

Sean Rowe - The Salesman and the Shark

Sean Rowe (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Rob Bochnik (Guitar), Mike Bolger (Trombone, Trumpet), Isobel Campbell (Vocals), Chris Carey (Bass, Drums, Electric Guitar), Hammond Organ), Paul Cartwright (Violin), Davey Chegwidden (Castanets, Bass Drums, Percussion, Tambourine, Timpani), Daphne Chen (Violin), Danny Frankel (Drums), Geoff Gallegos (String Arrangements, String Conductor), Inara George (Vocals), Cara May Gorman (Vocals), Petra Haden (Vocals), Markéta Irglová (Piano, Vocals), Woody Jackson Upright Bass, Bells, Clavinet, Electric Harpsichord, Guitar, Marxophone, Percussion, Timpani, Vibraphone, Wurlitzer), Chris Kyle (Electric Guitar), Living Sisters (Vocals ), Frank Moscowitz (Whistle), Octetto Magnifico (Strings), Clinton Patterson (Trumpet), Sarah Pedinotti (Organ, Piano, Vocals), Zac Rae (Dulcitone, Farfisa Organ, Hammond B3, Piano), Reiko Nakano (Violin), Gus Seyffert (Bass,Upright Bass, Double Bass), Aida Shahghasemi (Daf), Jennavive Varga (Violin) and Ina Veli (Violin).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this afternoon with another of Sean’s albums and he and this talented group of musicians is sounding superb! This man has not put out a bad album, love them all…

7 Likes

The new album from the Marcin Wasilewski Trio with Joe Lovano. Arctic Riff. The album is a mixture of compositions and a number of improvised pieces.

4 Likes

Kicking a sunny but chilly Friday morning with The Be Good Tanyas Chinatown

7 Likes

Rod Stewart Every Picture Tells a Story.

17 Likes

Ry Cooder Get Rhythm

12 Likes

Is there anyone out there!

Wilco (the album)

7 Likes

Well there’s at least me!

Herb Alpert’s Tijuana Brass, Going Places! Original 1965 A&M Records LP.

My turn to get a fix of Tijuana Brass!

This very old LP used to belong to my late father and it is very well preserved, thanks no doubt to A&M paper/plastic inner sleeves.

Claude

7 Likes

Now Playing…

Ry Cooder - The Prodigal Son

Ry Cooder (Banjo, Bass, Guitar, Keyboards, Mandolin, Vocals), Joachim Cooder (Drums, Percussion), Terry Evans (Vocals), Robert Francis (Bass), Aubrey Haynie (Violin), Bobby King (Vocals) and Arnold McCuller (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… continuing on this evening with ‘The Prodigal Son’ from Ry and his talented group of musicians backing him up and they are sounding mighty fine!

12 Likes

Van Morrison Back on Top

10 Likes

Ten years after. Cricklewood green. Way back so far I can’t remember @anon71888798 gave me some recommendations for TYA and asked for my thoughts. My only previous knowledge being that Woodstock performance. I have taken my time rather than just rattling them off. The first 4 albums are now all on my to buy list. The self titled debut and Ssssh were instant but Stonhenged took more time. Of course I recognise riffs from the great blues artists but the interpretations and expansion is difficult to resist and there is a genuine nod to the past while adding something new and exciting. This is my favourite of the four.

11 Likes

Airbag - Disconnected

Continuing my exploration of this band, which I must say I am thoroughly enjoying. I guess it’s a bit of guilty pleasure, but I promise to get back to more serious music later after this minor indulgence. This is a jolly fine album by the way.

5 Likes

The Rolling Stones Exile on Main Strett.

28 Likes

1 Like

It’s been a long time since I last listened to this. Long overdue!

Atb
Kk

10 Likes

Time for soul

Atb
Kk

2 Likes

Loving this as have not heard it in a while…man this guy was good!

Prince.

10 Likes

Clare Teal - Live at Ebenezer Chapel, from 2009. On double-CD.

Acquired from 'Magpie for ~£5. Excellent value :grinning:

Great voice and IMO one of those artists, where on live recordings, you get a better sense of their vocal quality - perhaps because many live recordings, while having the energy of such an event, don’t have the ‘over-energy’ that some studio recorded CDs can have.

5 Likes

Managed to miss this new release back in march…very nice.

5 Likes

Airbag - The Greatest Show on Earth

Continuing my exploration of this band. This one sounds very, very much like Porcupine Tree.

5 Likes

Atb
Kk

3 Likes