What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

@Debs I have the SACD Tania Maria - Come With Me, and saw her play in London a ‘few’ years ago.

Always good to find a new favorite especially when you least expect it.

Wild is a very good live LP, as is the studio LP Love Explosion too with some of her classic tracks - Funky Tamborim, Deep Cove View, Pour Toi and my favorite Bela Be Bela.

4 Likes

Brilliant album

Atb
Kk

21 Likes

Gilli Smyth - Mother
She was a co-founder of Gong and after this solo album she formed Mother Gong, sadly passed away in 2016

1 Like

Angela Hewitt playing Bach.
Yesterday’s Wigmore Hall broadcast from BBC Radio 3, I enjoyed it so much I’m replaying it. Incredible Bach compositions, and my favourite Bach interpreter. This is glorious, really glorious, and the quick interview with her is well worth a listen. (Actually interview overstates it, it’s basically one question, but interesting.)

5 Likes

Peter Frampton - Wind of Change

4 Likes

This mornings vinyl selection

11 Likes

You know I’ve never heard of Airbag till a few weeks ago, I started to noticed an increase in posts. Think I might need to investigate.

Atb
Kk

4 Likes

Definitely do, Pete. I’ve used Qobuz to explore their entire album catalogue. I actually find them more appealing than Porcupine Tree, being less heavy perhaps, or maybe it’s just because they’re a new discovery. Although I started with the latest album, I think it’s Disconnected which appealed most. Maybe start there?

2 Likes

Time for some weller. Wild wood is my favourite album.

Atb
Kk

8 Likes

Liking this at the moment. Sounds great, even on Spotify. What a voice!

10 Likes

During workout this morning

1 Like

Looks to be a step away of the signature sound of the trio

4 Likes

T. Rex - Electric Warrior

20 Likes

Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains the Same

Original album release with the edits and overdubs making a far more listenable album.

18 Likes

A jazz sextet recommended in today’s paper. I’m enjoying the opening track.

Nikki Iles - Hush

A cool jazz trio recording to help forget a few minor stresses of the past week.

1 Like

Brian Eno - Here Come The Warm Jets

11 Likes

Love this.

Atb
Kk

2 Likes

Genya Ravan - Goldie Zelkowitz