What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Now playing…

Malia - The Garden of Eve

Malia (Vocals), Nils Kötting (Piano, Synthesizer, Organ, Percussion, Harp), Reiner “Kallas” Hubert (Drums), Lars Cölln (Bass, Guitar), Stokely Van Dall (Vocals), Tommy Baldu (Drums, Percussion) and Edward Maclean (Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… continuing on this morning with Malia latest album released this past March and she and the band is sounding superb! One sweet album…

5 Likes

Muddy Waters - Folk Singer

19 Likes

Will Hoge - “Tiny Little Movies” new release today in US

6 Likes

John Parricelli. Alba. CD. Tasteful Jazz from UK jazz guitarist and session player. ( and old class mate)download (1)

1 Like

18 Likes

Ooh, thanks Jeff, I’d missed that.

2 Likes

Tom Lehrer - The Remains Of - WAV CD rip
The great 1950s/‘60s humourist/satirist, piano, vocal and witty caustic songs. Inspired to play this by the conversation in the Jokes thread, Lehrer claims to have invented the Jell-O shot.
Plex has indexed this weirdly, some tracks are out of order, the live versions of 3 songs inserted after their versions in the studio album.

3 Likes

Newly on high res - sounding good

11 Likes

Eric Gale Multiplication. Vinyl. 1st play.51oUkAg3vrL.SY355

3 Likes

Now playing…

Marcin Wasilewski Trio w/Joe Lovano- Artic Riff

Marcin Wasilewski (Piano), Slawomir Kurkiewicz (Double Bass), Michal Miskiewicz (Drums) and Joe Lovano (Tenor Saxophone).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… a newly released album by Marcin Masilewski on June 25th and taking out for its first spin. Opening track ‘Glimmer Of Hope’ is sounding sublime and looking forward to the rest of the album!

6 Likes

4 Likes

Will Hoge - Tiny Little Movies - Tidal 16/44
His new one, another belting country rocker. He’s kept the anger from My American Dream, but this one seems to have a ray of hope. He writes great songs, and sings them with true passion, really moving music. Like its predecessor this album runs in at around 40 minutes, old school vinyl length, but no complaints from me, 40 minutes of music this good is fine by me. Thanks @anon62442222 for the tip-off, the vinyl and Cd copies are on their way.

4 Likes

Yes I think we often turn to music to remind us of different times of our lives but also for other reasons we visit music that would have been part of the lives of friends or family that are no longer with us. I often find myself listening to compilations of hits of the 50s and find it comforting hearing music that would have been listened to and loved by those that I hold so dear.

7 Likes

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here on Spotify

There’s cold dry white wine and we’re cooking. Tomorrow is Saturday :slight_smile:

13 Likes

IMG_0614

Bonny Light Horseman. Just lovely.

11 Likes

Bob Dylan - Rough And Rowdy Ways

14 Likes

Prompted by Steve_S earlier post I thought a bit of this might be in order

Joe Bonamassa - Blues Of Desperation
Just what’s needed on a hot sticky Friday night

7 Likes

Christine Collister streaming live on Facebook, Airplayed to the Qb. She’s just sung Who Knows Where The Time Goes, damn she’s got such a great voice and interprets so well. And now It’s All Just Talk. (When she remembers the words. :grinning::grinning::grinning:)Loving it.

6 Likes

This is mighty fine/new release

15 Likes

7 Likes