What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

IMG_0617

Steve Earle’s tribute to Townes Van Zandt.

8 Likes

Now playing…

Marcin Wasilewski Trio - Live

Marcin Wasilewski (Piano), Slawomir Kurkiewicz (Double Bass) and Michal Miskiewicz (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… continuing on through the noon hour with another of Marcin’s album’s from 2018 and the trio is sounding fantastic! One sweet album…

4 Likes

This one is for Graham - @igahman … Glad you had fun listening to them . :sunglasses:

9 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

Deluxe version

11 Likes

folder

4 Likes

Embarrassed to say never listened to these guys before…never too late

5 Likes

folder

Last one for this evening

5 Likes

1 Like

So, here’s the thing, you know when you spot something you vaguely recognise, but think no, it can’t be.So this thought had me rummaging through my box of cheap compilation cds to find this beauty.

Chess Northern Soul
Anybody mildly interested in the generic cover shot?

10 Likes

Now that looks very familiar, in a rough and rowdy way.

4 Likes

I knew I could trust “Eagle Eyed” Eoin :+1:

1 Like

I’m more impressed by your memory.

1 Like

Oh I’m very anal like that, like my dad used to say, if only I could have remembered my schoolwork the same way :slightly_smiling_face:
Good news regarding your mum.

2 Likes

Gregson and Collister - Home and Away (Deluxe) - 16/44 FLAC download
Following Chris’s FB concert of today with her time in this superb folk duo, playing live at various venues in the mid’80s. Clive’s superb guitar work, excellent songs, Chris’s beautiful voice and some wonderful harmonies, an album I’ve loved for a third of a century.

7 Likes

9 Likes

Now playing…

Gary Burton Quintet - Dreams So Real (Music of Carla Bley)

Gary Burton (Vibraphone), Mick Goodrick (Guitar), Pat Metheny (Electric 12-String Guitar)Steve Swallow (Bass) and Bob Moses (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with this 1976 release from Gary Burton with a fantastic quintet of talented musicians and they are sounding so sweet!

6 Likes

7 Likes

Sting - 57th & 9th.

6 Likes