What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

To Thr bone Steven Wilson on 45 rpm

As ever stunning music and exemplary recording

9 Likes

Marianne Faithfull - Horses and High Heels

6 Likes

Mike Oldfield - Ommadawn
The original 1975 stereo mixes
On CD

14 Likes

71qKMPwUuUL.SS500

House to myself so volume cranked up!!
On vinyl…

12 Likes

Kandace Springs - Indigo

Kandace’s second, and less accessible album. But I like it and good on her for exploring other avenues.

12 Likes

Now playing…

Ray LaMontagne - Monovision

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… a few mentions above of this newly released album from Ray (June 25th) and he is sounding so sweet! This is sounding fantastic and looking forward to the rest of the tracks…

8 Likes

7 Likes

5 Likes

13 Likes

Canned Heat - Friends in the Can

6 Likes

Family | A Song for Me [1970]
This vinyl got played almost to destruction fifty years ago, just the job for a stormy wet afternoon.

11 Likes

Excellent Swiss band team up with avant-guitar wiz David Torn. The unusual line up (tritone bass, two tritone guitars, percussion and live loops) makes for a compelling listen. On CD.

1 Like

Victory - The Broken Instrument

I shouldn’t like this, but I do.

5 Likes

81vvx+HN0RL.SS500

On vinyl…

13 Likes

Now playing…

Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Deja Vu

David Crosby (Guitar, Vocals), Jerry Garcia (Steel Guitar, Slide Guitar), Graham Nash (Guitar, Keyboards, Vocals), Greg Reeves (Bass, Percussion), John Sebastian (Autoharp, Harmonica), Stephen Stills (Bass, Guitar, Keyboards, Vocals), Dallas Taylor (Drums, Percussion) and Neil Young (Guitar, Harmonica, Keyboards, Piano, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… taking a trip back in the way back machine and taking ‘Deju Vu’ out for a spin and they are sounding fantastic! What a fantastic collections of musicians on this album… Where has the time gone?

16 Likes

On CD…

11 Likes

Triple vinyl

21 Likes

Two superb sax/vocal albums from 1960 and 1961 on one CD, from New Continent’s superb An Easy Introduction to Bossa Nova box set. The sun’s just come out!

6 Likes

The BB King Blues Band - The Soul Of The King

An old favourite on here. Belter!

16 Likes

Haven’t listening to these albums in their entirety for maybe 20 years. Extremely enjoyable! Both on vinyl.
The_Hurting_orig
Tears_for_Fears_Songs_from_the_Big_Chair

13 Likes