What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Johnny Mastro & Mama’s Boys Trappiste Picks Vol 1

The video is a taster for anyone who hasn’t heard them.

2 Likes

You’re right, Kev. I just never read the info sheet, or I’ve read it so long ago that I had forgotten about it. I’ll go to bed a little smarter tonight :slight_smile:

Claude

1 Like

This is a good album though perhaps a little smooth in places.

2 Likes

Now playing…

Blaer - Out of Silence

Maja Nydegge (Piano), Nils Fischer (Alto Saxophone, Bass Clarinet), Claudio von Arx (Tenor Saxophone), Simon Iten (Bass) and Emanuel Künzi (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… kicking off this late morning with Blaer’s ‘Out of Silence’ album recommended by @Lontano for its initial spin. Sounding mighty fine on the opening track ‘Until You Fade’ and looking forward to the rest of the album…

4 Likes

Outstanding album

1 Like

As mentioned by @crispyduck yesterday, I had a listen on Tidal earlier and I’ve just downloaded a copy from 7 digital. Really enjoying this. Thanks for mentioning it.
Khruangbin-Mordechai recently released.

4 Likes

This is great, out last Friday. A brilliant trio and a great saxophonist, what’s not to like?

3 Likes

Saw them at the Kursall at Southend, great band.

1 Like

Paul Weller - Other Aspects, live at the Royal Festival Hall

Very nice arrangements and songs from throughout his career. Great live recording!

3 Likes

12 Likes

Pink Floyd - Animals

This might be my favourite PF album. I’m currently playing the Discovery Edition on Qobuz. It thrashes the pants off either my original vinyl or ripped CD versions. A stunning version, which has come alive in this remaster. Now can anyone help me get these bloody sheep out?!

24 Likes

From an earlier post…Ooh yes, must look him up

4 Likes

Enjoying this, very mellow and chilled out. :+1:t2:

4 Likes

Now playing…

Thierry Luthy (Saxophone), Markus Ischer (Guitar), Maja Nydegger (Piano, Rhodes), Jeremias Keller (Bass) and Manuel Pasquinelli (Drums, Glockenspiel).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with another recommendation from @Lontano and checking out the AKKU Quintet. The opening track ‘Lullaby’ is sounding mighty sweet and looking forward to the rest of the album!

1 Like

Jack Lancaster. Peter and the wolf. This is an interesting and enjoyable version of the popular children’s story. Thanks to @anon71888798 for unearthing this. Featuring some great musicians.

2 Likes

Ooh sorry on a roll with this guy…the Blues

5 Likes

4 Likes

Yeah, this was one of my favourite bedtime stories and used to fall sleep listening to “rock ’n’ roll celebration” . If that didn’t work, my parents would always play some soft ballads like “Ace of Spades”. :baby::sleeping:

1 Like

Thank goodness they didn’t play Frank ZipZap :joy:

1 Like

Mind you, they tried “The Torture Never Stops” once and they couldn’t sleep for a week.:sunglasses:

1 Like