What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Bit of Janis Needledrop from Nas

11 Likes

61ddkyN1vWL.SS500

On vinyl…

9 Likes

Love Natalie Merchant but what a ridiculous number of musicians. Did they play one note each? It must have been tricky to get a vibe and an understanding among soo many artists.

Twenty-six tracks over 1 hour 45 minutes ‘*covering sung poetry and original music from various traditions.’ * taken from the Thom Jurek/TiVo notes in naim app.

I enjoyed the album and will have to listen to it a few more times. If you like Natalie, then I think you will enjoy the album. She was stretching her legs and being inclusive across time and cultures.

If Natalie was giving musicians opportunities through cultural diversification, then good on her. Must have been a challenge though.

I will give this a listen to see if there is any cohesion whatsoever.

Great modern jazz

2 Likes

Funnily enough I am listening to her 2017 album Holiday Destination at the moment.

The latest HAIM set.

5 Likes

Now playing…

Nik Bärtsch’s Ronin - Live

Nik Bärtsch’s Ronin (Piano, Fender Rhodes), Sha (Bass Clarinet, Alto Saxophone), Björn Meyer (Bass), Kaspar Rast (Drums) and Andi Pupato (Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on with Nik’s Ronin ‘Live’ album with a run time of 105 minutes. So time to sit back, relax for a bit then set up for and complete my exercise routine. The music is sounding pretty sweet!

6 Likes

Enjoying this relaxing music before dinner !

2 Likes

Throwing Muses - University

2 Likes

IMG_0879

Teeth Dreams, an album from a few years ago by the Minneapolis rockers, The Hold Steady.

6 Likes

Sean Rowe. Salesman and the shark. Never heard of this artist before so thank to @seakayaker for the recommendation. I’ve played it twice and it’s really very very good. Distinctive voice and haunting melodies.

5 Likes

I’ve got several of these Complete Miles collections with the metallic cover. The track by track info and presentation very impressive. My favourite is probably Quintet 65 to 68. Not got On the corner though.

1 Like

One of my favourite albums. It’s got a lot of death and anti war songs and is simply bloody brilliant. Superb folk music.

4 Likes

Elbow - The Take Off and Landing of Everything.

14 Likes

Oldie, but still great music…, while not the best recording…

5 Likes

Fantastic!

1 Like

1 Like