What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Beethoven Symphony No.3.

2 Likes

Al Jarreau This Time / 2014 Warner / Japan CD / WPCR28094

7 Likes

Really enjoyable Hendrixesk rock from Bjork , that is Brandt Bjork just in case you might have confused with anyone else.

2 Likes

Seeing as I have the Dark Horse Years box set out it seems rude not to listen to another album

George Harrison - Cloud Nine.

13 Likes

On CD:-

Joni Mitchell - Song To A Seagull

13 Likes

Rico - Jama Rico 40th ( Chrysalis/2 Tone)

Fine Rico album from 81/82 the second of two he recorded for the label.

Remastered by Alchemy At Air. First listen to this re issue. I’m not sure about the sound of this remaster though, very loud and clear cut but sounds a bit like I’m hearing the sound/colouration of the mastering electronics rather than the musicality.

Edit: second listen and I’m convinced something is not right with this mastering, all the instruments sound pumped up, at the same volume, no dynamics or tonal palette. Some tracks by contrast are less loud but sound distant/veiled with the same lack of dynamic. Its thus lacking musicality and involvement, boring and sleep inducing which is just not how this music should sound.
Its mastered by bazza at Alchemy which I think is Barry Grint, according to Air Studios website One of the most celebrated mastering engineers in the industry
Any thoughts on Alchemy Masterings anyone?
:heart:

3 Likes

A great collection of remastered tracks from a great musician, that paved the way for many to follow

3 Likes

Talk talk spirit of eden,what a great album
Talk_Talk_-_Spirit_of_Eden_cover

15 Likes

Alice In Chains - “MTV Unplugged” (1996)

6 Likes

Britten Sinfonia and Thomas Adès - Beethoven and Barry.

1 Like

Eric Clapton - Crossroads, playing disc 3, which covers The Dominos aborted second album through to tracks from the " There’s One in Every Crowd" sessions, which include Peter Tosh.

10 Likes

First play, Abbey Road half speed master… :notes: :+1:t3:

16 Likes

Steely Dan Aja / 2008 Geffen / Japan SHM CD / Paper Sleeve Edition / UICY93520

Up on the hill, they think I’m okay
Or so they say

22 Likes

14 Likes

Lady Gaga - The Fame.

5 Likes

Alanis Morissette - “MTV Unplugged” (1999)

6 Likes

Now playing-

-
L.Z source…

11 Likes

Eric Clapton - Just One Night, superbly captured at Budokan late '79.

17 Likes

Dr. Feelgood - Malpractice

16 Likes

Pearl Jam - “MTV Unplugged” (2020) 7 songs, 35minutes

4 Likes