What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Now playing…

Pat Metheny - Side Eye NYC

Pat Metheny (Guitar, Synthesizer), Ames Francies (Keyboards) and Marcus Gilmore (Drums).

Newly released album from Pat Metheny and taking out for first spin and opening track is sounding mighty sweet! …looking forward to the rest of the album.

9 Likes

4 Likes

Elton John - Tumbleweed Connection.

18 Likes

1st run

10 Likes

This guy gets about on tour with the best….he has recorded some pretty good music himself.

8 Likes

I asked the same question recently.

1 Like

That trio (Evans, La Faro, Motian) also recorded two studio albums, these being Explorations and Portrait in Jazz, both of which I would strongly recommend. There is one further live album, recorded in NYC, which is the 1960 Birdland Sessions. Unfortunately the sound on this last album is nowhere near as good as recorded at the Village Vanguard the following year, but is an essential purchase for the Evans completist.

2 Likes

I recommend you get a copy of Peter Pettinger’s book, ‘Bill Evans: How My Heart Sings’. It will guide you through his entire catalogue up to the date of publication, which was 1998. There have, however, been numerous live albums released since then, particularly on the Resonance label.

2 Likes

TURIYA ALICE COLTRANE & DEVADIP CARLOS SANTANA

Beautiful album

10 Likes

Eric Clapton - Backless.

10 Likes

This is such a wonderful record. Thank you for mentioning it!

Alison Krauss, essential. good day from down under. Starting my Monday morning softly with Krauss. :relaxed:

12 Likes

Madeline Peyroux, careless love. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank you @TheKevster for the reminder!

10 Likes

Nanci Griffith, other voices, other rooms. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

Jackson Browne Downhill From Everywhere

11 Likes

Now playing…

Pat Metheny - Watercolors

Pat Metheny (12-String Bass Guitar, 12 String Guitar, Harp Guitar), Danny Gottlieb (Drums, Snare Drums, [Lyle Mays (Piano) and Eberhard Weber (Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… finishing this Sunday with Pat and this fabulous quartet and they are sounding sublime!

6 Likes

1 Like

Now playing…

Pat Metheny - Tokyo Day Trip

Pat Metheny (Acoustic Guitar, Baritone Guitar, Electric Sitar), Christian McBride (Acoustic Bass) and Antonio Sanchez (Drums, Orchestra Bells).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… not quite ready to stop listening so continuing on this evening with another album from Pat and this fantastic trio and they are sounding sublime! …an album really worth the time to give a spin.

4 Likes

Donald Byrd The Best Of Donald Byrd / 1992 Blue Note / US CD / CDP7986382

9 Likes

2 Likes