What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

I’ll second that the vinyl pressing of this album is quite good. Should be available on Discogs (though might be pricey if only few copies are around).

1 Like

Thanks Romany, is yours a coloured pressing or standard black?
:heart:

Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny.

5 Likes

Black. That would be my usual preference esp. in this case since the colored versions are also marbled (and likely noisy).

1 Like

Birdy…her back catalogue

Where have I been?

3 Likes

Timmy Thomas - Why Can’t We Live Together

1972 album sounds almost like a demo with Timmy and a kimball organ. Amazing that the album uses a drum machine back in those days.

The much covered title track is a stone cold soul classic.

7 Likes

Didn’t upset her but she’s now searching nightwish on Apple Music :laughing::laughing:

1 Like

@Dreadatthecontrols I have the black vinyl version and I am more than happy with the sound. The packaging is superb too.

1 Like

Golden Earring - Moontan.

6 Likes

Lewis - L’Armour

One of the great music industry mysteries. Recorded in 1980 when Lewis was a stockbroker. Left unreleased until 2014.

4 Likes

Diana Krall - The Look of Love

Sublime!

Phil

18 Likes

Thanks Kevster, the black vinyl is I believe pressed at RTI, not sure about the coloured variants though, I dont think I’ve ever come across RTI pressing coloured vinyl hence my hesitancy, maybe someone else is pressing those

Yes that’s my concern

Early seventies repress. Sound quality is superb.

7 Likes

The Slits - Cut.

7 Likes

Definitely not to be confused with the Tommy Croker trio from Ambridge days of yore! Theo Croker Star People Nation. At heart an accoustic jazz quintet but with samples, electronica and a few well chosen guests (esp pianist EWEW?). A real Noo York Afrofuturist vibe. Second listen and growing on me.

Was meant to see him (as a wild card choice) at the cancelled 2020 Gateshead jazz Fest. Hope to catch him soon.

3 Likes

8 Likes

The Raincoats.

3 Likes

17 Likes

Gang of Four - Entertainment!

4 Likes