What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Non Iver For Emma, Forever Ago

11 Likes

Saw James Reyne and Band a few years ago at The Basement here in Sydney CBD

The place erupted it was a fantastic gig , he was having the time of his life , never forget it

Bloody hell where have those days gone, when will we all see another live band :cry:

Saw Ivor at Sydney festival just after this albums came out

Love this album

I haven’t seen Jame and:or the band since the 80s. Thonk that unfortunately most of the band is dead.

Is there anyone you haven’t seen.

R.I.P. Dusty

26 Likes

Never saw Bowie which is a big disappointment

ZZ Top - Fandango

ZZ Top live. High energy Texas blues.

RIP Dusty.

20 Likes

Got to see Bowie 3 times I regret not seeing him the last time he toured here in the early 2000s. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Agnes Obel, Myopia, cd rip

Start the morning on a chilled note (too much anger and stress at work yesterday). tbh not my favourite AO album.

10 Likes

Acid Rooster, Acid Rooster, bandcamp

and straight into something with more vigour. They describe it as ‘far-out psychedelic rock’ :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Not listened to this for such a long time,excellent stuff .

14 Likes

Airbag, Greatest Show On Earth, bandcamp

Acid Rooster was probably not office friendly so now something a little less intense :wink:

9 Likes

If you had to choose, Eddie Gomez or Scott LaFaro?
:heart:

That album was with Eddie Gomez on bass. I never saw Scott La Faro, of course, but I also adore La Faro’s playing on the Village Vanguard recordings.

1 Like

Lenny Bruce, Bill Hicks…

My favourite Bill Evan’s recordings are the trio with Scott LaFaro on Bass, what a tragedy, according to the recent documentary (forgot the title at the mo) Bill never really got over losing him emotionally and mentally iirc

Hail Satin & Live at Studio 606 - Dee Gees aka Foo Fighters
Good fun

5 Likes

22 Likes

Cedric Burnside - I Be Trying
The grandson of Blues legend R.L. Burnside, has written some great songs and plays a mean guitar on this excellent blues album.

8 Likes

Joseph Moog - Brahms: Piano Concerto No. 1, Four Pieces for Piano Op. 119.

2 Likes