What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

John Hiatt - “Dirty Jeans And Mudslide Hymns” (2011) The very best unlistenable album I own.

12 Likes

Must look into that album, as I only have Burnside County Relic. Thanks for the heads up!

2 Likes

Simon & Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Waters, early uk pressing. I’ve been guilty of just owning the GH compilation albums, but what an oversight as this is just sensational, and I’ll be exploring all the studio albums very very soon. The music education continues!

22 Likes

John Mayer - Sob Rock

11 Likes

Tangerine dream sorcerer. Great film score and film.
download.jpeg-1

8 Likes

Just completed watching Steve McQueen’s 3 part documentary Uprising on iplayer.
Essential viewing examining that hideous and wicked fire at a house party in New Cross that left 13 young people murdered, still unsolved and no justice.
A powerful and moving reminder of the race hate endemic in our society then and sadly still

Linton Kwesi Johnson - Making History

R-607975-1289760249.jpeg

:heart:

4 Likes

Krystian Zimerman with the London Symphony Orchestra conducted by Simon Rattle - Beethoven: Piano Concerto No. 1 in C Major Op. 15.

7 Likes

Rosanne Cash - “10 Song Demo” (1996) essentially Rosanne and John Leventhal, as good as it gets, originally posted by a forum member on this thread quite a few years ago.

3 Likes

Bob Weir - Ace.

5 Likes

The Police - Reggatta de Blanc.

20 Likes

Janelle Monáe - The ArchAndroid

5 Likes

Claire Holley - “Claire Holley” (2001) another forum recommend from long ago

3 Likes

Enrich& Bette,Deaf School from 2009/10
Also features Ian Broudie on guitar.

Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway.

16 Likes

Some more Gary Clail this afternoon

1 Like

Gloriously noisy stuff from Jim “Foetus” Thirlwell, on a 1992 CD:

3 Likes

Wings - Band on the Run, Japanese pressing. Fabulous Wings album from Macca & Co. Not sure if I prefer my UK version over this copy’s sound quality, but this version’s packaging is so much nicer though. Always liked the cover photo too, esp with Christopher Lee - did he ever ‘not’ look sinister!

18 Likes

One of my favourite albums of all time.

6 Likes

Talking Heads - More Songs About Buildings and Food.

18 Likes

An album bought on forum recommendations,superb.

10 Likes