What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Must be due a new album soon.

It’s coming

12 Likes

The B-52’S - The B52’s, on the 2015 Music On Vinyl reissue. Sounds pretty good, but then I only have a CD rip to compare it to, so must try and find a minty first pressing at some point.

14 Likes

Van Morrison - Moondance.

22 Likes

8 Likes

Future Islands, Singles, bandcamp

Discovered this band after a write up in one of the hifi mags. American synth-pop. Excellent vocals by Samuel Herring.

9 Likes

The Whitey Album, the 1988 epic by Sonic Youth, working under the Ciccone Youth moniker. Original vinyl. Monster!

4 Likes

Apparently quite intense live:

7 Likes

Excellent bit of ‘dad dancing’ there :wink:

3 Likes

On first pressing vinyl:-

David Sylvian - Brilliant Trees

17 Likes

Van der Graaf Generator - Godbluff.

6 Likes

Original UK vinyl, as I’m on a bit of a Sonic Youth trip today…

7 Likes

Camel - Moonmadness.

13 Likes

Some folk rock. Or is it rock folk? Or Celtic rock perhaps? Enjoying it!

2 Likes

Now playing…

Anna Tivel - Blue Tivel

Anna Tivel (Vocals), Galen Clark (Piano, Rhodes, Wurlitzer, Organ) and Micah Hummel (Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… kicking off this Thursday morning with Anna Tivel’s latest release, July 16th, and she is sounding mighty sweet! I found this in the ‘new release’ section of Qobuz and worth the time to give a listen…

2 Likes

More Youth… original UK vinyl:

7 Likes

Alison Krauss. When You Say Nothing at All. Such a good song. To be fair Ronan Keating’s version was good but Krauss’s version is just lovely. Both cover versions of course.

11 Likes

15 Likes

Gentle Giant.

5 Likes

Now playing…

Stephan Micus - WInter’s End

Stephan Micus (Chikulo, Nohkan, 12-string Guitar, Tongue Drums, Voice, Kalimba, Sinding, Charango, Ney, Sattar, Tibetan Cymbals, Suling).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with Stephan’s ‘Winter’s End,’ his 24th solo album released with ECM. I enjoy his music and the Stephan is sounding sublime!

3 Likes