What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

ZZ Top | El Loco | 1981
This one if for Dusty Hill who was taken from us yesterday.

17 Likes

Great voice, great playing, great songs and great sound. What’s not to like?

8 Likes

Fine 2012 album.

9 Likes

The Soft Machine.

8 Likes

Soft Machine,a band I’ve been meaning to investigate,any pointers for a way in ?

@Lorro1 if you have access to Tidal or the like, take a plunge on their Third album 1970, it will give you an insight as to who they were at that time. If you like them move on from there… enjoy :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Cheers,lined it up.

7 Likes

Ryan Adams. Big Colors. I know he recycles a lot of stuff, but it is still excellent.

7 Likes

Superb album in glorious 24 bit

25 Likes

ZZ Top | Afterburner | 1985
More great stuff from their rather excellent music video days…

20 Likes

2021 vinyl, sounding ace…

19 Likes

I would, its sounds great
:heart:

1 Like

That dancing! What’s that all about? I remember seeing them on Jools Holland, it was worse and I just couldn’t take the band seriously :joy:

Not sure, I like some of the music but would have no desire to see them live. Jeff A

As were paying respects to Dusty Hill today I’ll chip in with this 2012 offering produced with Rick Rubin on his American Recordings label

La Futura

RIP Respect due

15 Likes

Trying the new Morcheeba album “Blackest Blue”

11 Likes

You would think that after more than 50 years David Crosby would have run out of ideas, not so. This album is a cracker. At 77 he most definitely still has it. There is a 70’s feel as you might expect but it manages to sound fresh and really good!

7 Likes

It looks like you’ve already explored Softs. Third is less jazz, more progressive. An interesting band which has covered a broad range of styles and several changes of personnel.

1 Like

Hi,yes just plucked a track randomly,but am yet to listen to an album completely,sounds interesting,will play Third first as suggested,still so much music to investigate.

Now playing…

Tears For Fears - The Seeds of Love

Oleta Adams (Keyboards, Piano, Vocals), Andy Caine (Vocals), Simon Clark (Hammond organ, Synthesizer, Synthesizer Programming), Phil Collins (Drums), Jon Hassell (Trumpet), Nicky Holland (Keyboards, Piano, Synthesizer, Vocals), Peter Hope-Evans (Harmonica), Chris Hughes (Drums), Manu Katché (Drums), Carol Kenyon (Vocals), Dolette McDonald (Vocals), Robbie McIntosh (Steel Guitar), Tessa Niles (Vocals), Roland Orzabal (Drum Programming, Electric Guitar, Keyboards, Vocals), Pino Palladio (Bass Guitar), Maggie Ryder (Vocals), Curt Smith (Guitar (Bass Guitar, Vocals), Kate St. John (Oboe, Saxophone), Ian Stanley (Hammond Organ), Carol Steele (Percussion) and Neil Taylor (Guitar).

Continuing on this morning and heading into the noon hour with Tears For Fears and their ‘The Seeds of Love’ album and they and their talented group of supporting musicians are sounding sublime! This needs to get some more air time…

14 Likes