What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

ZZ Top | Recycler | 1990
You’ve gotta love those great bass lines that Dusty always laid down for the Reverend.

14 Likes

As for a way in, @Steve_S and @Clive have offered some excellent insights/advice :relaxed:

1 Like

Rick Wakeman - The Six Wives Of Henry VIII.

15 Likes

Smashing album.

3 Likes

22 Likes

Eloy - Silent Cries and Mighty Echoes.

6 Likes

A reunion of The Mamas & Papas - People Like Us in 1971. A flop at the time but over time this has become a big favourite with me.

11 Likes

A bit of melodic AOR on this debut 1998 release from John Kilzer

John Kilzer - Memory In The Making

A pro basketball player and in later years a recovering alcoholic who found god and became a Methodist minister and sadly committed suicide in early 2019 John released a total of 5 albums with this being the most commercially successful.

1 Like

Now playing

Ralph Towner - Solstice

Ralph Towner (12-String Guitar, Classical Guitar, Piano), Jan Garbarek ( Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone, Flute), Eberhard Weber (Bass, Cello) and Jon Christensen (Drums, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (192/24)… a mention from @Haim on the ‘Show us your Solstice’ thread reminded me I have not had this album out for a spin in awhile… and this fabulous quartet is sounding sublime! …one very fine album.

6 Likes

I lost track of them after ‘blood like lemonade’… would you say its worth a spin?

My own little tribute to Dusty Hill…

16 Likes

Hm. Difficult to answer: It was quite entertaining but it was not outstanding. So it will not get a second spin very soon here …

ZZ Top - Degüello.

In memory of Dusty Hill.

14 Likes

7 Likes

1 Like

11 Likes

Boney M - Nightflight to Venus, well why not!

6 Likes

Now playing…

Ralph Towner & Gary Burton - Matchbook

Ralph Towner (12-String Guitar, Classical Guitar) and Gary Burton (Vibraharp).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on through the afternoon while doing my exercises with more from Ralph and Gary and they are sounding sublime! Love these two playing together, just wonderful…

3 Likes

8 Likes

Yes - Relayer.

18 Likes