What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

11 Likes

Not come across that one before, must check that out, Bill Evan’s is probably my favourite Jazz pianist and Chambers/Jones probably my favourite Jazz rhythm section

Cheers
:heart:

1 Like

Now playing…

Sting - My Songs

Sting (Bass, Synthesizer Guitar, Guitars, Harmonica, Saxophone, Vocals), Larry Adler (Harmonica), Tawatha Agee (Vocals), Moulay Ahmed (Strings), Jane Alexander (Vocals), John Barclay (Trumpet), Guy Barker (Trumpet), Sian Bell (Cello), Kouider Berkan (Strings), Don Blackman (Hammond Organ), Chris Botti (Trumpet), Farhat Bouallagui (Conductor, String Arrangements), James Boyd (Viola), Mino Cinelu (Percussion), Vinnie Colaiuta (Drums), B.J. Cole (Pedal Steel Guitar), Dennis Collins (Vocals), Stephanie Crewdson (Vocals), Danny Dunlap (Strings), Richard Edwards (Trombone), Simon Fischer (Violin), David Foxxe (Narrator), Paul Franklin (Pedal Steel), Josh Freese (Drums), Jerry Fuentes (Bass, Guitars, Vocals), Vic Garbarini (Vocals), Renée Geyer (Vocals), Kathryn Greeley (Violin), Omar Hakim (Drums), Dave Hartley (Hammond Organ), Dave Heath (Fiddle, Flute), Derek James (Vocals), Darryl Jones (Bass), Elliot Jones (Vocals), Manu Katché (Drums), Martin Kierszenbaum (Vocals), Kipper (Drum Programming, Keyboards, Vocals), Kenny Kirkland (Keyboards), Tony Lake (Percussion), Cheb Mami (Vocals), Branford Marsalis (Clarinet, Percussion, Saxophone), Dolette McDonald (Vocals), Joe Mendez (Vocals), Dominic Miller (Guitars, Vocals), Rufus Miller (Guitars, Vocals), Melissa Musique (Vocals), Ettamri Mustapha (Darbouka), Nannies Chorus (Vocals), Diego Navaira (Vocals), Emilio Navaira (Vocals), Andy Newmark (Drums), Mark Nightingale (Trombone), Janice Pendarvis (Vocals), Rosemary Purt (Vocals), Danny Quatrochi (String Guitar, Synclavier, Vocals), Jason Rebello (Clarinet, Piano), Althea Rodgers (Vocals), David Sancious (Keyboards), Marlon Saunders (Vocals), Pete Smith (Vocals), Joe Sumner (Vocals), Mickey Sumner (Vocals), Veneese Thomas (Vocals), Katherine Tickell (Fiddle), Darryl Tookes (Vocals), Kevon Webster (Keyboards), Ken Williams (Vocals), Vesta Williams (Vocals) and Stevie Wonder (Harmonica).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… kicking off this morning with Sting’s ‘My Songs’ album from 2019 and he and the talented group of musicians are sounding mighty sweet!

11 Likes

Party’s Over on BBC R4.

Slightly cheesey, light, and very likeable for early Friday evening.

1 Like

Just arrived!!!

Prince - 2021 Welcome 2 America

He is still with us…

Edit after first listening on 30th July 2021.

The words from Prince in the box are from July 2010 and they are prescient in some ways, eerie in some other ways.

The show goes on and sounds clean, perfect. Only Prince could say this is unfinished and unfit for release. One wonders what diamonds and pearls remain in his vault.

I like Hot Summer and When She Comes and YES and One Day We Will All B Free. They sound like Prince sounds: fresh, original, funk, R&B, disco, it depends on your mood and imagination!

Prince and his band using voices, instruments and the studio like colors, palette and a canvas to produce a work of art (this is from an interview to Prince that I remember well). They are having fun, they play with stereo panning, they innovate. And they engage you to have fun.

As I write this, my family came to the music room, dancing and laughing: Prince! Oh yes! Unforgettable.

And I feel younger as I remember other releases and the liturgy of going to buy the CD, going back home to give it a spin, enjoying the moment like if nothing else mattered… sadly many times with someone that is not any longer with us.

But in my memory they are very alive and they may not be on Earth, but they are laughing in the purple rain.

10 Likes

Led Zeppelin | Physical Graffiti | 1975
Sadly I’m going to miss out on @Debs love gun but I really needed to play this tonight. The artwork (OBI) is wrong but it’s from their SHMCD Definitive Collection.

18 Likes

Lobster anybody

18 Likes

Bob Dylan - Love And Theft

The 31st studio album from the bard and its a corker!

13 Likes

LP - Music Fidelity 2012 reissue : )

Recordings from January 1984 to June 1985 at Wickham Farm Home Studio, Welling, England), Windmill Lane Studios, and Abbey Road Studios (orchestral sections).

Hounds of Love is the fifth studio album by Kate Bush, released by EMI Records on 16 September 1985.

24 Likes

Not a bad second album, which is good, as many bands have found to their cost the second can kill them. But could i listen to a third or fourth in the same vein?

3 Likes

Joan Baez.

10 Likes

10 Likes

I purchased a vinyl copy of The Dreaming shortly after release in 1982, sadly sold off with my first record collection 25 years ago, but i do have a CD copy now, another original vinyl copy is on my wish list.

A fab album, and with vertigo inducing stereophonic effects to leave me feeling rather pleasantly dazed :crazy_face:
Quite a few contributors to include Dave Gilmour helping out with backing vocals, and a disgraced didgeridoo player .…better left unmentioned. :shushing_face:

13 Likes

Just arrived here and taking a listen. I think this is their 3rd album. First one was self-titled.

best regards,
pat

1 Like

Joni Mitchell - Ladies of the Canyon.

14 Likes

Atb
Kk

Yes you are right, but the first is a re…released with some live material on Qobuz.I hope they develop well.

Slightly late for me to be joining the earlier Zepfest, but will this do?

Celebration Day - Some old geezers get together at the O2 in London, to try and remember how these choons go again. :joy:

16 Likes

They seem to get the hang of it pretty quickly😉

2 Likes