What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

It’s 1970 and Roger Waters gets to make fart noises and such with his old buddy Ron Geesin. The rest of the Floyd turn up on the soulful closer “Give Birth To A Smile”. 1970s vinyl.

1 Like

Suzanne Vega - Solitude Standing.

25 Likes

3 Likes

The Change 12" has Luther Vandross as the lead singer. Fantastic voice a true shame he went so young.

5 Likes

A random Roon album selection. Hadn’t listened to it in years and it’s actually better than I remembered.

.sjb

11 Likes

JJ Heller, I dream of you. Vol 2. Beautiful lullabies. :relaxed:

Azymuth Outubro / 1990 Black Sun / Germany CD / 150072

This edition includes an additional 6 Live Tracks.

3 Likes

Laura Benanti, self titled album. Daughter of voice coach mother and Broadway actor singer father. With a successful Broadway career herself. Beautiful voice. :relaxed:

1 Like

Another Roon random pick

CD2 is very good being Jan’s collaborations. This caused me to post on the old forum (current -2) and I got some great recommendations for discovery by some wonderful members are the time, particularly Fred Simon.

I may have to play Mary Hopkins next!

EDIT: Here’s that old thread

https://forums.naimaudio.com/topic.php?oid=1566878606625849&coid=159503632588890

.sjb

3 Likes

Crosby Stills and Nash CSN

14 Likes

This is definitely worth a listen especially if you like and little country with your rock. The Wolfe Brothers Kids on Cassettes.

2 Likes

Mako Road Stranger Days

1 Like

Bowie Space Oddity (remix)

17 Likes

2 Likes

Jack White Acoustic Sessions (disc 1)

12 Likes

Jean-Luc Ponty Individual Choice / 1983 Atlantic / US CD / 7800982

5 Likes

Michael Hill’s Blues Mob - Have Mercy!

1 Like

Atb
Kk

Mikaela Kahn, self titled album. Sweet voice. :relaxed:

1 Like

A post by @grahamk reminded me I hadn’t listened to Jeff Beck for a long time so I gave this a go - a new one to me

Jeff Beck - Emotion and Commotion
An immediate success requiring a second listen.

10 Likes