What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

The Kinks Misfits

6 Likes

Love a bit of JK, for me up there with Chilli Peppers in that you know just what you are going to get from an album and there’s always a couple of standout tracks with each new release.

You’ve inspired me, will dig some out later, haven’t played any in too long.

1 Like

“All Rights Removed’ - Airbag.

I found this band through Roon radio and are enjoying discovering the back catalogue. Fans of Pink Floyd will find interest here, very pleasant:

10 Likes

Cecilia Bartoli, St. Petersburg. Inspired by @Drikus. Néère is awesome! Continuing with opera theme with this one. :relaxed:

1 Like

Might have a listen to that later seen some of their other stuff posted here before.

1 Like

Kicking of Sunday as I do most weeks of late with an outing of Stereolab. This week its Dots and Loops one of their most accessible ones, it’s a change in direction for them, lots of layers, more laid back way more percussion based than guitar rhythms and a more jazzy feel taking inspiration from Bossa Nova.

5 Likes

Angela Hewitt / Schumann Humoreske / Sonata in F Sharp Minor / 2007 Hyperion / Austria Hybrid SACD / SACDA67618

Gentle Sunday starter.

8 Likes

Your very near me then! I’m down in Beckenham. Used to live in the Palace before moving here, lived on Gipsy Hill.

Atb
Kk

6 Likes

Fontaines D.C. - Televised Mind

4 Likes

1st run

5 Likes

3 Likes

Couldn’t resist moving on to their next release.

5 Likes

Tomita Snowflakes Are Dancing / 2000 BMG / EU CD / 09026635882

9 Likes

Atb
Kk

1 Like

Thanks to whoever posted mention of Airbag, have it on stream whilst doing some clearing up and enjoying it.

Never heard of them before.

5 Likes

I love randomly scrolling through these 25000 posts and choosing a recommendation. Up popped Husker Du this morning. Which lead me on to this one. A favourite from almost 30 years ago !

7 Likes

1st run

2 Likes

I sort of guessed from your name (and that you go to Billy Vee and the excellent Paul) that you might be from Gypsy Hill! Yes - I am in Sydenham near the park so we are close neighbours!

1 Like

Herbie Hancock Empyrean Isles / 1999 Blue Note / EU CD / RVG Edition / 724349879621

12 Likes