What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Now playing…

James McCurtry - The Horses and the Hounds

James McMurtry (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Akina Adderly (Vocal Harmony, Vocals), Bukka Allen (Accordion, Keyboards, Organ), Kenny Aronoff (Percussion), Stephen Barber (Piano, Wurlitzer), Randy Garibay, Jr. (Vocals), John Gilutin (Keyboards, Piano), Loren Gold (Organ, Piano), David Grisson (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Mando-Guitar), Daren Hess (Drums), Sean Hurley (Bass Guitar), Harmoni Kelley (Vocal Harmony), Stan Lynch (Percussion), John McFee (Banjo), Charlie Sexton (Bouzouki, Cumbus, Hi String Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Mando-Guitar), Harry Smith (|Banjo, Mandolin, Slide Guitar), Betty Soo (Vocals), Cameron Stone (Cello) and Red Young (Organ).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… a new album from James, released August 19th, and if you like his music you will enjoy ‘The Horses and the Hounds.’ Like stepping back in time, James brings his familiar style with his lyrics and music and he and the band are sounding sweet!

6 Likes

New studio album arriving in October. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

A bit too speedy to my taste

7 Likes

Now playing…

Sean Shibe - Camino

Streaming on Qobuz (192/24)… a mention above from @crispyduck had me place this in the queue and now taking out for a spin and Sean is sounding sublime! …looking forward to the rest of the album.

2 Likes

3 trax from the latest in NY’s official bootleg series. Due out 1st Oct. This was the better of the 2 shows he played at the Carnegie Hall. I have a copy of the second show.

9 Likes

Glad you’re enjoying it - the playing and recording are stunning. His version of ‘Pavane pour une infante defunte’ is very moving

Santana - Moonflower, sounding fab on an early cd release.

22 Likes

Todd Rundgren’s Utopia.

5 Likes

Art Blakey and The Jazz Messengers Moanin’
/ 2008 Blue Note / RVG Edition / EU CD / 724349532427

14 Likes

More Bruce!!

Atb
Kk

7 Likes

Does anyone know if the 2009 paramount theatre gig is available to buy on cd or dvd? Would love to add that to my collection of the boss.

Atb
Kk

Me too. Possibly at the Colston Hall, as it was called back then. They were the support, but I can’t remember who was headlining.

Genesis evening

19 Likes

Atb
Kk

6 Likes

George Harrison - Living in the Material World.

12 Likes

The Allman Brothers - Road Trips Cow Palace 12/31/73 - WAV CD rip
From a good boot set, some iffy sound quality, (mainly feedback) but one of the great rock bands jamming, wonderful music.

8 Likes

It is a cracking LP, but for some reason sounded too processed for my liking back then - True had a far more natural, analogue/acoustic sound. Perhaps an early ‘loudness wars’ example. Have the original vinyl and a more recent re-release.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Tedeschi Trucks Band - Revelator.

16 Likes

Not my usual fodder……but not a bad start, thought they had disbanded, new album

4 Likes