What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Little fella stopped in his tracks by Augustus Pablo East of the River Nile - and who wouldn’t be, dub and the hottest melodica in the West! Hmm what next - maybe some Beefheart, nah give it another 39 years. Well maybe just some gentle Bluejeans and Moonbeams.

14 Likes

Lee Ritenour World Of Brazil / 2005 GRP / EU CD / 0602498829561

4 Likes

2 Likes

Clifford Brown & Max Roach

Clifford Brown is rather a new discovery for me, even though I have albums he guests on. This is a truly fine bebop set.

8 Likes

4 Likes

Camel - 1999 Rajaz

12 Likes

On CD….

11 Likes

A special style

2 Likes

Oscar Peterson ‎The Trio Live From Chicago / 1997 Verve / Master Edition EU CD / 539 063

A great disc for a Sunday Morning - or any other time!

Oscar Peterson Piano
Ray Brown Bass
Ed Thigpen Drums

11 Likes

Try his Right Brain Patrol album

1 Like

Eddie Money

3 Likes

Stones. CD. Only 53 years old. Still sounds good.

71AFO3M71gL.AC_SX522

25 Likes

Sunday morning storytelling from Billie… the voice, the music, the sound - timeless and just nice.

10 Likes

A genuine keeper of the faith, Brian Setzer has been burning the rock’n’roll flame for around 10 times longer than the original burst shone for. Indeed his is a world where The Beatles are still travelling across Liverpool to meet a fella who can show them a B7 chord, and he’s all the better for it.

Only introduced to this band yesterday by a friend,definitely for fans of Pink Floyd! Really enjoying it.

9 Likes

For Magic Sam fans try this

2 Likes

A beautiful, sad, angry and uplifting album.

4 Likes

Quite enjoyed this one which has a folky feel to it. I wouldn’t recommend 57th and 9th though. I couldn’t believe it was a 24 bit recording, sounds like it was very compressed and recorded in the worlds most acoustically dead studio!

6 Likes

Azymuth Carioca / 1989 Milestone / US CD / MCD91692

2 Likes

81ShSCf4RaL.SS500

3 Likes