What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Just giving this a go. I see what you mean about it appealing to Pink Floyd fans. Very impressed! A bit like the Canadian band The Mystery.

2 Likes

The Mystery,you’ve sent me on another search now :grinning:

Try these! Unfortunately not on Qobuz, don’t know about Tidal.

4 Likes

Donald Fagen The Nightfly / 2017 Warner / Japan SHM CD / Paper Sleeve Edition / WPCR17866

We’ve got to have some music on the new frontier

20 Likes

Downloaded all three ,tomorrow’s listening sorted !

Enjoy! I intend to investigat the rest of their stuff at some point. They have done at least 3 live albums to my knowledge. The Airbag album is excellent, will be checking out more of their stuff for sure!

Yes Mystery have got live albums,all available on Amazon Unlimited,as well as studio recordings. Will report back on tomorrow’s session!

1 Like

Amazing body of work and a reason why U2 supported Simple Minds, and not the other way round, back in the day. If I could only pick one track from that album, it would have to be Belfast Child - poignant and grateful that this represents the peaceful progress made in the last couple of decades for this part of the world.

2 Likes

Bold As Love disc 3 of the Experience boxset.
Immense!
By god, this is great…

Straight to the :desert_island: with this set.

15 Likes

Bill Nelson - Northern Dream

7 Likes

Isn’t that Brian Clough on the cover? :laughing:

4 Likes

I think his skills were elsewhere than playing rockabilly music…? but well spotted :grin:

Definitely a touch of post Waters Floyd about them. Well worth a listen!

1 Like

Third Ear Band - Alchemy
Interesting music - according to the booklet they had most of their gear stolen shortly before a gig and went on with just a couple of acoustic instruments. Went down well enough they stuck to it…

2 Likes

17 Likes

Steve Gunn

5 Likes

Fancied a bit of the old Brown Album. This is the 2 x 45rpm vinyl version.

17 Likes

On CD:-

Roxy Music - Avalon

22 Likes

Now playing…

Manu Katché (Drums), Nils Petter Molvaer (Trumpet, Loops), Tore Brunborg (Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone) and Jim Watson (Piano, Hammond B3 Organ).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… kicking off this Sunday morning with this 2012 album from Manu and he and this fabulous & talented quartet are sounding sublime! One sweet album…

1 Like

RIP The Upsetter:

12 Likes