What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

U.K by U.K - recent vinyl used purchase.

6 Likes

2 x LP - Upsetter 2018 : (

Recorded at RAK Studios
Recorded at Abbey Road Studios
Mixed at Rolling Lion Studio
Mastered at Abbey Road Studios

<<>>

a sad loss of a musical genius.

<>

Incidentally; he shares his death-day with Michael Jackson who would have been 63 today if he had not died on this day in 2009

8 Likes

The first, and to me the best, of the Liberetto series of albums. Great musicians on a varied and atmospheric recording.

3 Likes

Now playing…

Andy Sheppard Quartet - Surrounded by Sea

Andy Sheppard (Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone), Eivind Aarset (Guitar), Michel Benita (Double Bass) and Sebastian (Rochford Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing this afternoon with Andy Sheppard after a mention from @jazzman22 over in the ‘Jazz Music Thread’ and reminded me I have not had Andy out for a spin in quite some time. …and Andy and this talented quartet are sounding mighty sweet! One fantastic album…

7 Likes

They are good - got them on CD

1 Like

One of the better versions

7 Likes

Van Morrison with Georgie Fame & Friends - How Long Has This Been Going On, some nice playing by Mr Clive on this one.

15 Likes

Lee Scratch Perry Rainford

RIP

6 Likes

Popped the cork on this beauty. Great stuff, especially if you like blues dub.

4 Likes

Imelda May, life love flesh blood. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

Interesting in some ways, but I can’t help cringing a bit I’m afraid. Interestingly Amazon have sold out of the vinyl within 24 hours of release which surprised me a little.

3 Likes

Now playing…

Andy Sheppard - Movements in Colour

Andy Sheppard (Soprano Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone), John Parricelli (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Eivind Aarset (Guitar, Electronics), Arild Andersen (Double-Bass, Electronics) and Kuljit Bhamra (Tabla, Percussion).

Streaming on NAS (44.1/16)… arriving home from a quick walk and some stair climbing I am returning to Andy and taking another of his album’s out for a spin and he and this talented quintet are sounding sublime! …just may be my favorite album of his, it is mighty sweet.

3 Likes

Kacey MusGraves, golden hour. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

Cara Dillon, wanderer. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

Airbag seems to get the odd mention here and often with references to PF. Time to have a listen. Recycle of Love.

4 Likes

Bon Lundi!

3 Likes

ABC The Lexicon of Love

18 Likes

Carole King Tapestry, this still sounds as good as it did 50 years ago.

32 Likes

Radiohead The Bends

21 Likes

I’m not sure this is the same Airbag though……

2 Likes