What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

To start the day…

Mose Allison

1 Like

Now playing …

Artemis - Artemis

Melissa Aldana (Tenor Saxophone), Anat Cohen (Clarinet, Bass Clarinet),
Ingrid Jensen (Bass), Allison Miller (Drums), Renee Rosnes (Piano), Cécile McLorin Salvant (Vocals) and Noriko Ueda (Bass).

Streaming on NAS… ending the day with “Artemis” featuring seven very talented musicians and they are sounding sublime! Released last fall and has not been out for a spin in awhile…

3 Likes

9 Likes

Deluxe version of this currently out with a live album attached as a second disc.

1 Like

Radiohead - The Bends
Wayne Shorter - Adams Apple
Lone Justice - Lone Justice
Schakiro Kanenubo - Misora

All vinyl

4 Likes

The Isley Brothers 3+3

13 Likes

The best soul/blues album I have heard this year.

6 Likes

Now Playing…

Chris Stapleton - Traveller

Chris Stapleton ( Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Mandolin, Vocals), Derek Mixon (Drums, Percussion), Dave Cobb (Acoustic Guitar, Percussion), T. Cure (upright bass), Mickey Raphael (Harmonica), Mike Webb (Mellotron, Organ, Piano) and Morgan Stapleton (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on with one more album before calling it night with Chris and his fantastic ‘Traveller’ album. Chris and the band are sounding mighty sweet!

15 Likes

I haven’t heard this for years, Commodores Machine Gun.

6 Likes

Last night’s listening:

followed by

and then

7 Likes

JJ Cale & Eric Clapton - The Road To Escondido

16 Likes

Natalie Merchant, leave your sleep. :relaxed:

11 Likes

I love The Golden Void on Warrior On The Edge of Time. You may also notice the resemblance to the record sleeve and my old lid in the forum handle image.

2 Likes

I think it is a great album. When I had records I loved the cover design, opening up to a shield.
Great looking lid too.

1 Like

Jackson Browne - Downhill From Everywhere
The more I listen to this the better it gets.

11 Likes

The Beatles - Yellow Submarine Songtrack, I have always enjoyed the remixes on this album.

14 Likes

8 Likes

1 Like

Gramps Morgan - Positive Vibration
I’m not a huge lover of reggae, but this has become my favourite reggae album, great fun. Roy is one of 17 sons fathered by the legendary Jamaican reggae musician Denroy Morgan, surprisingly he still had time for music after fathering at least 30 children!!

2 Likes

Prince - 3121.

5 Likes