What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Tina Brooks - True Blue

Vinyl

2 Likes

Hi John,
Great to see you posting that, I’ve been enjoying it and was going to post, you brilliantly beat me to it.
If your interested last Sundays David Rodigan show BBC 1xtra had an interview with Gramps Morgan talking about the album.
Gramps has relocated home to Nashville and was approached by a Country Music guy (cant remember off the top of my head) who has an interest in Reggae and was renovating a famous recording studio owned by the legendary Scruggs family.
The result as you’ve found Is a lovely uplifting (Positive vibration) Country flavoured Reggae album.
Gramps spoke of his experience singing into the same vintage microphones that captured the voices of Country stars that he would hear as a child back in Jamaica ( Country music was and is very popular there and hard to believe back in the day that Reggae rarely got airplay but Country music dominated).
Check the programme out if you can (second hour of the show.

David Rodigan

Thanks again for posting, I’m chuffed :+1:
:heart:

3 Likes

Eric Clapton - I Still Do, excellent Glyn Johns production sounding very good on this shm cd.

8 Likes

Merchant always looks so miserable and angry on her album covers. Has she been listening to her own music or something?

I’ll get me coat…

12 Likes

5 Likes

Buddy Holly.
Saw the Crickets later backing the Everly Brother(s). One of them did the duets as Don was ill.
(had already seen the Everlys previously).

Funny. I was looking at a number of her CD’s the other day and did think she does go for a certain look, hadn’t quite arrived at that but for some reason it did strike a chord that the look feels a bit self indulgent.

Sublime 1977 album from the great Bob Andy- Lots Of Love And I recorded with producer Sonia Pottinger.
Streaming now but a “first time on CD” re-issue soon come with bonus tracks from Doctor Bird who put out the fantastic Culture 3CD Children Of Zion anthology of their recordings with Sonia Pottinger, so looking forward to this.

( you may remember back in the day he, along with Marcia Griffiths, as Bob & Marcia riding high in the charts with Young Gifted & Black)
:heart:

2 Likes

Great Italian rock outfit I was awoken to by my daughter.

3 Likes

Slim and the Beast by Slim and the Beast. New to me but caught them on FIP - folk rock with lots of harmonies. The track I heard on FIP - Lisbon - is an absolute summer folk/pop delight, tinged with that slight sense of melancholy (summer is over and so are we etc) that all great summer music has

1 Like

JOE MORELLO: The Great Drum Solo

4 Likes

Scratch cooking dinner…
Roast Fish Collie Weed & Corn Bread

Not just a genius but one of lifes great characters
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

6 Likes

3 Likes

New album from the super Martha Wainwright - beautiful voice and great songwriter.

13 Likes

anyone know if this drum Joe Morello solo is on any CD release?

16 Likes

Relaxing with some classy music on CD… It sounds just like the cover, nice and refreshing… :grin:

2 Likes

Yet another brilliant offering from Norwegian Prog Rock outfit Airbag. A real discovery thanks to @Lorro1 Floyd fans take note!!

7 Likes

Now playing…

Martha Wainwright - Love will be reborn

Martha Wainwright (Guitar, Piano, Vocals), Josh Cole (Bass), Thom Gill (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Keyboards, Piano, Vocals), Pierre Marchand (Keyboards), Phil Melanson (Drums, Keyboards, Percussion) and Morgan Moore (Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… a mention from @AndyP above had me place in the queue and now taking out for a spin and Martha and the band are sounding mighty fine!

8 Likes

Seasick Steve | Blues in Mono | 2020
SS doing his fine stripped back unaccompanied thing.

7 Likes