What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

An eighties classic. Slash is a fine guitarist indeed.

8 Likes

Rolling Stones, Beggars Banquet. Vinyl. This one is a mono copy from The Rolling Stones in mono box set.

20 Likes

2 Likes

The boys are looking like an “away party” from the Starship Enterprise. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Still in a Frank kinda mood:

16 Likes

Genesis - Seconds Out. (Abbey Road 1/2 speed master).

A very nice version of this album, with bass notes being realistically reproduced way down low.

18 Likes

On CD:-

6 Likes

Now Playing…

The Blue Nile - A Walk Across The Rooftop

Robert Bell (Bass, Synthesizers), Paul Buchanan (Vocals, Guitars, Synthesizers), Paul Joseph Moore (Keyboards, Synthesizers) and Nigel Thomas (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with ‘The Blue Nile’ and they are sounding mighty sweet!

16 Likes

Tony Joe White | In Concert In Baden Baden 1992
Yet another wonderful warm late summers’ day here so I’m playing yet more TJW. An artist that I had lately forgotten about but used to play alot of back in the day. I think I’ve now almost nabbed all his back catalogue and have been greatly re-enjoying all his music this year. :sunglasses:

7 Likes

hqdefault

Josephine - Magnolia Electric Co.

Stumbled on this browsing through my CD collection.
Haven’t heard it in a long time and now realize again what a great songwriter (both music and lyrics) Jason Molina was.
So sad he passed away at not even 40.

1 Like

I haven’t listened to the Fabs’ Anthology series in years. So here’s the first, on triple vinyl:

15 Likes

Iron And Wine ‎– Kiss Each Other Clean
CD|2010

11 Likes

Tony Joe White | The Shine | 2010
He just got better and better, this was one of his last albums before he moved on in 2016, great swamp blues rock. This is another superb album from him IMHO

4 Likes

I do like a bit of Fado, and Cristina Branco is such a good singer.

1 Like

As posted by @ewemon great blues rocker, new artist for me

4 Likes

Robert Plant | Alison Krauss ‎– Raising Sand
CD|2007

29 Likes

Eric Clapton & Friends - The Breeze: An Appreciation Of JJ Cale.

14 Likes

Bjork sounding sublime from the album Vespertine , an album that had gone under the radar for me until I heard Guy Garvey playing it on BBC6 Music .

6 Likes

Thanks for posting @Pete.T. Will have to give this one a listen.

1 Like

Dan Patlansky, Wooden Thoughts. I first heard this when it was playing at Moorgate acoustics during a visit to Darran at Class A. Great guitar centric album and fabulous recording… oh, and the missed call was from 17yr old daughter probably telling me to turn it down!

2 Likes