What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

19 Likes

Don’t know the album, but I would join for the Gin…

:fire::wink:

2 Likes

Ry Cooder - I, Flathead.

13 Likes

And then, this

10 Likes

Hilary Hahn - Paris
Chausson ∙ Prokofiev ∙ Rautavaara, Orchestre Philharmonique De Radio France, Mikko Franck
CD|2021

6 Likes

This was the episode .

3 Likes

9 Likes

4 Likes

First listen…not sure of which superlative to use…Wow will do. Stunning album.
TTB_LaylaRevisited_Cover_RGB-500x500

15 Likes

Norah Jones, come away with me. Feeling like something very familiar to start the morning down under. :relaxed:

22 Likes

Some may have read posts from me and @Lorro1 extolling the virtues of prog rock outfit Airbag. Their guitarist Bjorn Riis has released 4 (I think) solo efforts. Only one of which is on Qobuz, but its a good one. Thoroughly recommended to prog rock fans. There are also a couple of albums by Marco Ragni (a name I don’t know) featuring Bjorn which are on qobuz.

6 Likes

Agree with folk here re Airbag and Bjorn Riis recommendations. Airbag’s 17 minute Homesick is a great favourite. For Bjorn Riis I have the following which I think is complete:

2014 Lullabies in a Car Crash
2018 Coming Home (EP)
2017 Forever Comes An End
2019 A Storm Is Coming
2020 Desolate Place (lockdown single)

Will be glad to hear if there is more. And I will have to investigate the Marco Ragni, but which are the albums with Bjorn on, there are a lot there on Qobuz…

4 Likes

The Carpenters, singles 1969-1981. @TheKevster, your comment about Natalie Merchant made me think about Karen Carpenter. She always wore a lovely smile. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

Hi Drdave! I hadn’t realised Coming Home was an EP, you are spot on with the others. The Marco Ragni albums I found on qobuz are Engulfed, and Everything Will be Fine. Found them under Bjorn Riis.

1 Like

Tedeschi Trucks Layla…for those who are thinking of getting a copy …as a tempter it’s worth buying for the sleeve notes by Derek Trucks…to quote the great Eric Clapton…it’s Wonderful Tonight!

4 Likes

Now playing…

Anouar Brahem - The Astounding Eyes of Rita

Anouar Brahem (Oud), Klaus Gesing (Bass Clarinet), Björn Meyer (Bass) and Khaled Yassine (Darbouka, Bendir).

Streaming on NAS… returning home from an afternoon walk along Golden Gardens and the Shilshole Bay on a beautiful sunny day and continuing on with Anouar’s beautiful album and he and the this talented quartet are sounding sublime! One very sweet album…

9 Likes

Thanks @Inmynaim, will check those out👍🏻

2 Likes

All available on vinyl… :grin: :+1:t3:

Perfect thanks. I have a longish drive tomorrow to go and see my eldest daughter in London whilst also catching up with friends for cricket at the Oval on Friday so I will download off qobuz for my journey.

Enjoy!!