What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Also on my playlist for the car tomorrow is the new Mostly Autumn initial release double cd which arrived at home this morning. Trying the first cd now at home and it is getting better and better as I listen through the second half.

2 Likes

Mostly Autumn are a band I’ve heard of but don’t know much about - more music to search out. Thanks for the tip!

There are a lot of albums to go at here, particularly as many have an initial release as a double cd. Best intro if you can find it is the Catch The Spirit 2 CD collection of re-recordings of a lot of the best stuff off their first 4 albums. Pass The Clock also looks a decent compilation of earlier stuff. If you want more recent stuff available on streaming then maybe try Sight Of Day from 2017 which I think is rather fine. And if you like that try the Ghost Moon Orchestra. The last three mentioned are all on Qobuz if you use that.

1 Like

A Cherry Red look at late Warner Everly’s albums.

.sjb

1 Like

Zubin Mehta and the Wiener Philharmoniker - Mahler Symphony No. 2
Ileana Cotrubas - soprano
Christa Ludwig - contralto
CD/2000

Some Mahler for this evening. Very enjoyable.

7 Likes

Now playing…

Jan Garbarek - Madar

Jan Garbarek (Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone), Anouar Brahem (Oud) and Ustad Shaukat Hussain (Tabla).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with Jan, Anouar and Sjaukat mixing some Norwegian and middle eastern melodies and instruments. The music is simply beautiful and sounding sublime, this is one sweet album!

3 Likes

The Doobie Brothers Toulouse Street

11 Likes

Might check it out later, just working through a Fifi Rong playlist whilst trying to clear the lockdown blues……

1 Like

You gotta be careful who you idolise these days.

3 Likes

Yep him and he’s mate Van should just stick to music as they know bugger all about anything else.

3 Likes

Dire Straits Brothers in Arms

20 Likes

Don Hanley Building the Perfect Beast

17 Likes

The live album part of this deluxe version due out on the 10th.

12 Likes

This always has been a “happy” album for me, The Beatles Hard Days Night

26 Likes

Neil Young and Crazy Horse Zuma

61eLC25lsGL

19 Likes

Led Zeppelin - Presence (1976)

4 Likes

Le Trio Joubran, Majaz, bandcamp

Rather good :slight_smile: Three young Palestinians playing the oud.

4 Likes

Gramps Morgan - Positive Vibration
I can’t stop playing this album, especially on such a dull grey morning. Thanks @Dreadatthecontrols for the information, there is a country feel to the album, perhaps thats why I enjoy it so much.

3 Likes

Useful info, thanks for that!

1 Like

Dire Straits - Communiqué

Had overnight stay in a pub owned by bassist John Illsey, one night last week, on the edge of the New Forest :slight_smile: HIs paintings decorate the rooms.

9 Likes