What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Nightwish, once (remastered). Wife doesn’t like me playing too loud but today she’s very kind and I am letting this rip. :sunglasses::fist:

5 Likes

Peggy Lee, black coffee. Haven’t seen @anon23112058 for over a week. He introduced me to this. There are many others I have yet to try. Hope all is well. Take care. You are missed. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Melvin Taylor - Plays The Blues For You
Amazing guitarist

3 Likes

The Delfonics - La La Means I Love You

4 Likes

Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings - 100 Days 100 Nights

4 Likes

I’ve been playing this since I saw Andy P’s mention of it a week or so ago.

What an album. Heavy shades of Mark Linkous, amongst others.

It’s hard to judge the tracks as standalone songs - which I’m not that sure about as songs themselves - this, for me, is all about the production style, the sound textures and his treated voice. Details buried and revealed slowly in a mix that’s intentionally both dense and airy.

Sound from out the Window - Evan Wright

2 Likes

Joan Armatrading - Consequences

7 Likes

Steely Dan - Gaucho
Alison Krauss and Union Station - Paper Airplane

Both of these giving me goosebumps for different reasons. The bass on Gaucho was sounding wonderful and Paper Airplane full of emotion in the mids etc.

Heaven

Phil

19 Likes

She must beat Natalie Merchant for the sad looks eh @TheKevster. I do like this album a lot.

Phil

3 Likes

8 Likes

16 Likes

RIP and respect due…Mikis Theodorakis

:heart:

4 Likes

Rooting about in the recesses of my collection, I came across this again. Had it since its release in 1980…one day I’ll frame the poster!
Musical Shapes Carlene Carter F Beat Records

Some good old-new country.

5 Likes

Hi @johnt
Not sure if this will interest. If your enjoying Gramps, I note your not a particular fan of Reggae, but if you like his voice try some Morgan Heritage.
This is their latest which is a sort of Best Of along with newer material. Not the country feel of Positive Vibration but some good contemporary JA Reggae

Morgan Heritage - Legacy

A10PJ0Dn85S.SS500
:heart:

2 Likes

Thanks. I admit I only like the early stuff. (until 1973)
:wink:

Clifford Brown & Max Roach - Eponymous

I’ve just had to buy my own copy of this. I can’t recall what led me to Clifford Brown, other than a reference on the radio to the Clifford Brown with Strings album. I played this on Qobuz and was hooked. It’s very enjoyable bop.

9 Likes

On vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes: :+1:t3:

6 Likes

On vinyl…

6 Likes

On vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes:

11 Likes

6 Likes