14 Likes

1st run bought it in the eclassical deal of the day

7 Likes

Elbow - Giants Of All Sizes
CD|2019

12 Likes

Serious jazz groove!

6 Likes

I’d not realised that this and The Blue Meaning had been released as hi-res versions or CD quality with extra tracks, presumably coinciding with vinyl re-releases.

I have this on CD and vinyl, but this new version seems very clean/detailed and involving by comparison even in CD quality streaming - maybe it’s just me.

5 Likes

10 Likes

Pleased you enjoyed it, nice write up, will you be going to see the holograms? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ry Cooder - Boomer’s Story.

14 Likes

3 Likes

I’m really not sure, it’s tempting in one way, just for the experience, but another way it feels like a soulless stadium experience, I’ll order the album Saturday and then decide on the hologram preorder day whether to try the mad rush hitting refresh. What about you Alan?

1 Like

One of the most awesome soundtracks ever!

3 Likes

Now playing…

Nick Cave & Warren Ellis - Carnage

Nick Cave (Percussion, Piano, Synthesizer, Vocals), Luis Almau (Drums, Acoustic Guitar), Amy Carson (Choir/Chorus), Hannah Cooke (Choir/Chorus), Sarah Dacey (Choir/Chorus), Timothy Dickinson (Choir/Chorus), Warren Ellis (Autoharp, Drum Machine, Alto Flute, Glockenspiel, Tenor Guitar, Harmonium, Loops, Piano, Synthesizer, Viola, Violin, Vocals), Nicholas Madden (Choir/Chorus), Alessandro Ruisi (Strings, Violin), Max Ruisi (Cello, Strings), Esmeralda Conde Ruiz (Choir/Chorus, Conductor), Eloisa-Fleur Thom (Strings, Violin), Luba Tunnicliffe (Strings, Viola) and Thomas Wydler (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on with Nick & Warren and taking them and the talented group of musicians out for a spin and and they are sounding mighty fine…

6 Likes

What did you think of the ABBA Kev?

I thought it was good. I was very worried it woud be utter gash, but it’s OK. Will be evauating properly over the next few days.

1 Like

Snap.

1 Like

Great tunes, great voice.

6 Likes

I don’t think so Eoin, I don’t own anything by them except a best of. However they have my total respect for everything they have achieved and have a wonderful music legacy :+1:
Just don’t seem to have really explored their work.

1 Like

Really enjoying Jake Bugg’s new album - never really got into his earlier stuff, but liked this from the off

1 Like

Andrew Bird - My Finest Work Yet
CD|2019

6 Likes

The Beatles - Let It Be - Qobuz 16/44
The first album I ever bought with my pocket money, a few years after release. I have that copy now, but felt too lazy to get up to play it. Such a great band, the title track is for me one of Paul’s greatest songs, I love the way George gets to thrash (gently) on many tracks, and overall I love it.

19 Likes