What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Nanci Griffith, other voices other rooms. Was going to listen to something with a bit more pace for my Friday morning down under. But the moment I started on this I was hooked. :relaxed:

9 Likes

Joan Baez, live at Woodstock. Continuing on this lovely country album. :relaxed:

6 Likes

Albert king - King Of The Blues Guitar, he is backed up by the Stax house band on this compilation.

13 Likes

Nina Simone at her most Nina😊.

8 Likes

Now playing…

Nerina Pallot - The Sound and the Fury

Nerina Pallot (Vocals, Piano, Synthesizer, Guitar), Lewis Wright (Vibraphone, Synthesizer, Drums, Vocals), Andy-Chatterley (Synthesizer, Vocals), Carlos Garcia (Guitar, Vocals), Tim Van der Kui (Guitar), Ian Burdge (Cello), and Mark Ferguson (Bass, Vocals),

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… a mention above from @adeypoos above had name place one of Nerina’s albums and the queue and now taking out for a spin. …and Nerina and the band are sounding mighty fine!

5 Likes

A few weeks ago I played an album of Albert King, Steve Cropper and Pops Staples playing together, they’d all been Stax house guitarists and did one recording together. I guess that album you’re playing has Duck on bass, Booker on keyboards, Al Jackson on drums, what a lineup, off to find it.
Edited To Add, it also has the Colonel on guitar, and the Memphis Horns (on horns), don’t get much better. I have the tracks from Born Under A Bad Sign on that album, but not the singles, ordered, cheers Alan.

4 Likes

The Beatles - Abbey Road - 2019 Giles Martin remix WAV CD rip
My favourite Fabs album and a desert island disc for me. Challenging music, but so perfectly constructed and played that it seems simple. Glorious.

21 Likes

Interesting! Never thought of Abbey Road as “challenging”.

2 Likes

Now playing…

Lyle Mays - Eberhard

Lyle Mays (piano, keyboards, synthesizers), Bob Sheppard (saxophone, woodwinds), Steve Rodby (acoustic bass), Jimmy Johnson (electric bass), Alex Acuña (drums and percussion), Jimmy Branly (drums and percussion), Wade Culbreath (vibraphone and marimba), Bill Frisell (guitar), Mitchel Forman (Hammond B3 organ, Wurlitzer electric piano), Aubrey Johnson (vocals), Rosana Eckert (vocals), Gary Eckert (vocals), Timothy Loo (cello), Erika Duke-Kirkpatrick (cello), Eric Byers (cello) and Armen Ksajikian (cello).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… I came across this and best described by the article in Jazziz titled “The Legacy of Lyle Mays Is on Display in Eberhard, His Final Recording.” Available in Vinyl, Download, & CD on Lyle’s website. Simply Beautiful… (13:03 duration).

Well worth the time to give a listen…

4 Likes

Kate Wolf, live at Mendocino. Was going to play Emmylou Harris the traveling kind but lets play this first. Spoiler alert. :joy:

2 Likes

There are quite a few songs that aren’t simple but they’re so well crafted and played that you don’t think of it, whether it’s John’s extreme Scouse accent on Polythene Pam, the music-hall and creepy lyrics style of Maxwell, the weird sound effects of Octopus’s Garden, the weird lyrics of Sun King and Mustard, we just accept them because it’s so wonderfully balanced, but it ain’t really simple pop, they’re just so good we don’t notice.

2 Likes

You’re lp12 looks gorgeous!

New addition Vinyl, from a Record Fair on Saturday - cleaned, so given a spin.

8 Likes

Been watching some of the studio footage from this up and coming video release

It starts streaming exclusively on the Coda Collection allegedly as of today.

4 Likes

This is a fantastic album if you are into Pink Floyd. Half covers and half originals. The Broom Sisters were backing singers for Pink Floyd and are in the Pulse concert video. Only available on Band Camp. Worth it for the cover of Have a Cigar and the Great Gig in the Sky alone. Highly recommended.

4 Likes

ChangesNowBowie, love this set from the live series. This is how I imagined he would have toured but unfortunately we never got to find out.

13 Likes

Manic Street Preachers Everything Must Go (remastered)

4 Likes

That George Martin knew a thing or two. Very apt to be occasionally titled the fifth Beatle.

3 Likes

Robert Rich - bestiary CD.
A journey through analogue modular synth glurp.
great work out for the speakers

Burning Spear- Garveys Ghost

Easing into Friday morning in the cab with the dub companion to Burning Spears Marcus Garvey album

R-1297099-1209073105.jpeg
:heart:

6 Likes