What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Would you explain this, please? How is the off beat ‘inverted’?

No inverted oojamaflips here.

Posted a while ago on the old ambient thread.
Giving it another spin now, relaxing and soothing tunes to chll out to.

Arrived today.

9 Likes

4 Likes

Tool - 2001 Lateralus

The CD packaging is magnificent.

4 Likes

Ravel and Debussy String Quartets. Vinyl. Particularly enjoy the Ravel. It sounds very 3 dimensional.

8 Likes

14 Likes

Now playing…

India.Arie - Acoustic Soul

India.Ariel (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Mark Batson (Bass, Drums, Fender Rhodes, Keyboards, Mellotron, Organ, Percussion, String Arrangements, Synthesizer), John Catchings (Cello), Duane Covert (Vocals), Larry Goldings (Organ, String Contractor, Wurlitzer), Steve Grossman (Drums, Percussion), Tony Harrell (Keyboards), Kerisha Hicks (Vocals), Judeth Insel (Viola), Avery Johnson (Bass), Bashiri Johnson (Percussion), Doug Kahan (Bass), Terry MacMillan (Percussion), Blue Miller (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Vocals), Bob Power (Bass, Guitar), Marlene Rice (Violin), Ralph Rolle (Drums), Joyce Simpson (Vocals), David Spak (Percussion), Laurnea Wilkerson (Vocals) and Nioka Workman (Cello).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… a mention from @johnt above had me place India.arie in the queue and now taking out for a spin and India and this talented band are sounding sublime! …it has been awhile since I had this out for a spin and it needs to see the light of day more often, one very fine album.

8 Likes

Bob Dylan - Fallen Angels

Another American songbook type of album with some good arrangements and that now familiar husky, slightly worn out voice.

7 Likes

Now playing

download.jpeg-5

Ramble In Music City - Emmylou Harris and the Nash Ramblers

Just released.
Live recording of a show of Harris just before she recorded At The Ryman.
In this set she emphasizes more on material from her then previous albums but in an acoustic setting with the Ramblers.
Sounds mighty good!

8 Likes

Chris Thile, Edgar Meyer ‎– Bass & Mandolin
CD|2014

2 Likes

Released today Friday 03/09/2021

Sound and quality of songs from the old master are as good as ever.

8 Likes

9 Likes

8 Likes

2 Likes

This arrived yesterday, first play. Have been streaming this for some time. It sounds very nice on vinyl too.

4 Likes

16 Likes

On my list for this evening.

Sounds amazing . Have just rediscovered my student days . Awesome recording . Pure dead brilliant

10 Likes

Hope you like it! :+1:

1 Like