What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

I take it you have watched the documentary, “Searching for Sugar Man”.
Came across Rodriguez through this film. What an incredible story!

1 Like

Mathias Eick - The Door

Mathias Eick (Trumpet, Guitar, Vibraphone), Jon Balke (Piano, Fender Rhodes), Audun Erlien (Electric Bass, Guitar), Audun Kleive (Drums, Percussion) and Stian Carstensen (Pedal Steel Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this Saturday morning and taking Mathias and this wonderful and talented group of musicians out for a spin and they are sounding sublime! The opening track ‘The Door’ is just fantastic, it is one sweet album.

4 Likes

Got the discount codes from Qobuz and bought a good amount of albums, including pre-orders for what’s coming in the next months. So the coming days/weeks a lot of albums which I hear for the first time. This one lives up to it’s title.

3 Likes

@Rafael It’s good to find someone discovering and getting into Tool. I rate all their albums highly and bought them all back in the day along with all MJK’s other projects. If you really get into their sound then you can get more from their main man Maynard James Keenan with his two other very similar projects A Perfect Circle and Puscifer, all very good IMHO.

Enjoy! :sunglasses:

1 Like

The track listing is available on the net and most of the tracks have been released - the rest require a bit of searching around.

6 Likes

Really enjoyed this. Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

1st serious listening round

2 Likes

@Steve_S and others that helped me to explore new music: many, many, many thanks.

Thank you for sharing your passion and for helping me to extend the borders of my music collection.

2 Likes

On Vinyl:-

The Cure - Seventeen Seconds

11 Likes

Second play of this “new’ Gerry Rafferty” album……put together by his daughter and friends. It works for me, and nice recordings.

9 Likes

Rachmaninoff. 3 CD set Nikolai Lugansky. Saw him play Rach 3 in Birmingham Symphony Hall. Quite brilliant. So bought this CD. Currently playing the Variations CD. Lovely.

51Pw-WQonSL.SY580

4 Likes

Life by Misadventure, Rag’n’Bone Man. I received this for fathers day. Third play and I am really enjoying it. I’ve not listened to the streamed version, but it sounds absolutely wonderful on vinyl.

11 Likes

I watched Searching for Sugarman again recently, such a great story .

1 Like

If you like music in the style of A Tribe Called Quest, you should check out Barney Artist and Mr Jukes.

1 Like

1st run complex heavy instrumental music

This would be in my top ten albums; Tracey Thorn’s wonderful debut from ‘83.

3 Likes

The unexpected side of Norah Jones with the Peter Malick group.

9 Likes

I’m intrigued, I can’t find this album on Qobuz, but I can find New York City. I’ll give that a go!

1 Like

Latest Iron Maiden album. Triple vinyl.

3 Likes

The Highest Order album’s called Still Holding

Simone Schmidt’s band.

1 Like