What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

The always excellent Martin Simpson. One of the best guitarists currently playing.

5 Likes

St. Etienne - Asleep at the Wheels of Steel

5 Likes

Now playing…

Peter Malick Group featuring Nora Jones - New York City

Peter Malick (Guitar, Vocals), Norah Jones (Piano, Vocals), Eric Gardner (Drums), Danny McGough (Mellotron, Hammond organ, Wurlitzer), Marty Richards (Drums), Mike Thompson (Accordion, Piano), Jeff Big Dad Turmes (Bass) and Tom West (Piano).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… a mention from @bruss and @Bokermonz above had me place ‘New York City’ in the queue which has not had a spin in quite awhile and the music is sounding sublime! A lovely album and perfect for this Saturday afternoon…

13 Likes

Yes I have seen it a few times. I still can’t workout why this album wasn’t a hit in the northern hemisphere. It’s one of those records that has always been in my collection in one form or another

And a great album. :+1:

1 Like

Sara K. Waterfall. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

I managed to get an “official” bootleg copy of that about 10 years ago in Sydney. It’s an interesting collection of tracks however I’d say it’s really for hardcore fans though.

1 Like

Now playing…

Tigran Hamasyan - Atmospheres

Tigran Hamasyan (Piano), Arve Henriksen (Trumpet), Eivind Aarset (Guitar) and Jan Bang (Samples, Live Sampling).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on into the late afternoon with Tigran and this fabulous quartet and they are sounding might sweet! This is a lovely album, very relaxing and simply beautiful…

2 Likes

Dave Valentin, come fly with me. :relaxed::notes:

Btw, happy Father’s Day Australians & New Zealanders and anyone else where it falls on 1st Sunday in Sept.

1 Like

The 1975 Live Recordings - Bob Dylan

8 Likes

Dire Straits, brothers in arms. :blush:

19 Likes

Lisa Mills, the triangle. :cowboy_hat_face::notes:

11 Likes

A bit dad rock on Father’s Day Bruce Springsteen Born to Run (hi res)

22 Likes

Cold Chisels self titled debut album, featuring the wonderful anti war (Vietnam) Khe Sanh.

3 Likes

The James Gang Rides Again

12 Likes

Tori Amos Under the Pink

15 Likes

The Blue Rondo al la Turk outtake is better than on the original release.

1 Like

MOZART & CONTEMPORARIES

Víkingur Ólafsson

Works by:
Mozart · Galuppi · C.P.E. Bach
Cimarosa · Haydn

Ólafsson tells how, as a child, he agonised over Mozart’s so-called “easy” sonata, the C major, K545. In his fury, the eight-year-old pianist scrawled over the whole score. Was it, he wonders, the strangely difficult runs near the start, or was it that, even at this early age, he was “weighed down by the excess baggage that the idea of Mozart brings with it”? Ólafsson plays nine short pieces by Mozart, giving them light and context by placing them alongside Cimarosa, Galuppi, CPE Bach and Haydn. His clear, agile playing, inner parts brought out, ornaments always fresh, never exaggerated, suggests he has found peace with the composer. This is just the start.

10 Likes

The Dave Brubeck Quartet Time OutTakes / 2020 Brubeck Editions / US CD / BECD20200901

12 Likes

10 Likes