What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

John McLaughlin - Liberation Time

He had said that he was suffering with arthritis in his finger joints and didn’t think he would be able to play again. Then apparently he managed to ‘think’ his hands better by “telling them how beautiful they were”. There is no evidence of the illness affecting his playing here. It’s a fine album from Mahavishnu John McLaughlin.

5 Likes

Pearl jam, Vs

5 Likes

On Vinyl:

4 Likes

John McLaughlin - Black Light

Following Liberation Time with this from 2015. It’s a bit more accessible than the new album.

4 Likes

7 Likes

Now playing…

Shelby Lynne - Shelby Lynne

Shelby Lynne (Bass, Drums, Guitars, Keyboards, Piano, Saxophone, Vocals), Mimi Friedman (Piano), Trevor Menear (Electric Guitar), Billy Mitchell (Piano), Michael Jerome Moore (Drums), Brandon Owens (Bass), Ed Roth (Hammond B3, Piano, Wurlitzer), Benmont Tench (Wurlitzer) and Chris Townsend (Keyboards).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… kicking off this cool and overcast morning with Shelby Lynne and she and the band are sounding mighty sweet!

13 Likes

John McLaughlin & the 4th Dimension Live at Ronnie Scott’s

It’s interesting to hear recent live takes of some of the best Mahavishnu pieces. Great sound, great album.

5 Likes

21 Likes

Not everyone’s cup of tea but I like it and it’s a stellar recording. It really jumps out at you.

G

2 Likes

On my dog walk earlier.

15 Likes

Sade Stronger Than Pride / 2000 Epic / EU CD / 5005972

20 Likes

Gerry Rafferty | Baker Street |
I played the fine new tribute album to him yesterday evening Rest in Blue, this evening it’s himself with a best of.

16 Likes

If asked to pick my favourite L£P, an almost impossible task, push come to shove I would select the original 12" of Police & Thieves. 4 cuts segued togethor, Junior Murvin vocal, Jah Lions toasting cut, Glen Dacasta’s sax led instrumental and the brilliant Upsetters Grumblin’ Dub

:heart:

9 Likes

A couple of favourite earlier L£P albums
Africas Blood from 1971 & Double Seven from 1973 both on Trojan

:heart:

6 Likes

Haven’t spun the P8 for some weeks now, been on a CD trip each night…but Chris is sounding beautiful tonight… On The Beach.

8 Likes

Dire Straits - Alchemy, Live

Very different versions of familiar tracks.

20 Likes

The Black Lillies ‎– Stranger To Me
CD|2018

Americana - pop - rock - country/bluegrass band from Knoxville, Tennessee.

3 Likes

Always liked this album……this track with the late Charlie Watts on drums

17 Likes

Now playing…

Shelby Lynne & Allison Moorer - Not Dark Yet

Shelby Lynne (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Allison Moorer (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Erik Deutsch (Organ, Piano), Davey Faragher (Bass), Don Heffington (Drums, Percussion), Michael Jerome (Drums, Percussion), Val McCallum (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Ben Peeler (Electric Guitar, Pedal Steel Guitar), Doug Pettibone (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Taras Prodaniuk (Bass), Benmont Tench (Keyboards, Organ, Piano, Wurlitzer), Teddy Thompson (Bass, Drums, Acoustic Guitar, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… continuing on this Sunday morning with sisters Shelly & Allison and this very talented group of musicians and they are sounding mighty sweet!

8 Likes

Listened to this at a mates place this afternoon - Eric doing his blues thing

12 Likes