What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Streaming on Tidal:

5 Likes

I actually pre ordered the picture vinyl disc when it was first released but the shop supplied standard black saying the sq was poor on the picture discs. Not sure if that was true or not but explanation accepted.

Another Dinah Washington album. A wonderful voice, a stellar cast of musicians and the finest works from the Great American Songbook, so why not?

10 Likes

More Charlie Haden and Hank Jones.

7 Likes

I heard the Curved Air PD once (think a friend bought it for the novelty) - it was rather noisy!

1 Like

Time Passages by Al Stewart. Very well crafted soft rock with fantastic production by Alan Parsons

12 Likes

Four Tops - Still Waters Run Deep
R-998365-1260632784.jpeg

8 Likes

More peerless performances from Ms Washington, accompanied by Quincy Jones:

8 Likes

15 Likes

Meat Loaf

Bat Out Of Hell

Edward

10 Likes

Jacqueline Du Pre - Elgar Cello Concerto

Sounding wonderful.

Phil

12 Likes

4 Likes

Pretzel Logic. Vinyl.

I think it’s quite difficult to have a favourite Steely Dan album.

Pretzel_Logic_album

21 Likes

Natalie Merchant | Tigerlily | 1995
Her fine debut solo album that is always a pleasure to play.

22 Likes

Santana - Guitar Heaven, giving this another airing and trying to find something to appreciate, but it definitely lacks the subtlety and variety of classic Santana albums.

8 Likes

Well that was weird - just put this on for a listen.

Absolute magic at this resolution.

18 Likes

Thanks Simon @Slim68, it totally passed me by that Soen had a new release pending. I’m a big fan as you know.

1 Like

Hi Steve @Steve_S, from the 3 tracks on Tidal it sounds like it will be a good one too. Are you OK? :+1:

Now that’s a Santana album :+1: :grinning:

2 Likes

Yep doing fine thanks Simon @Slim68 and hope that you are too. I’ll give those tracks a listen a.s.a.p. but am going to order it from The River right now.